No announcement yet.

Hello from the 'Land of the Dragon'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Hello' from the Land of the RED Dragon!

Originally posted by Arianwen
    Originally posted by HollyElise
    hi Ari!

I thought you meant China, too... ooops!

What do you like to write? I help wrun a writers gwoup in my city, too! (I suppose spelling isn't one of my strong points!
    I enjoy writing in a variety of genres but do mainly articles and fillers at the moment. I've done a few literary pieces but they don't pay very well.

For fun and stress relief I enjoy taking part in the sort of group writing activities mentioned before. Those are a bit like TV soaps but each writer involved handles their part from the perspective of their own particular character or characters.

As for spelling - what are PC spell checks and gramma checks for? I'd be lost without those.

Ari
    I am often tempted to say i'm not writing when i'm not writing with a particular project in mind, but my co-conspirator in the writer's group is always pointing out to me that even when i'm "not writing" i'm writing! It's like a bad habit i can't quit... some people sneak a smoke here and there... me, i find i'm always sneaking writing in! I fill at least four journals a year now, my art sometimes includes writing, often my letters to friends are more like publishable essays. But what i'm feeling guilty about NOT writing is i'm trying to write a non-fiction book (or two or three at the same time) and not giving it enough priority or getting it organized.

I love collaborative writing, too. I haven't done it in ages, but i used to write a continuing saga with my best friend for many years. I don't think we came up with much other people might want to read, but we had enormous fun!

Have a wonderful Sunday, Arianwen, and i'll speak with you soon!

Comment

Re: Re: 'Hello' from the Land of the RED Dragon!

Originally posted by HollyElise
      [B}
      I love collaborative writing, too. I haven't done it in ages, but i used to write a continuing saga with my best friend for many years. I don't think we came up with much other people might want to read, but we had enormous fun!

Have a wonderful Sunday, Arianwen, and i'll speak with you soon! [/B]
      Yes, it is fun and the collaboration of writers I'm currently involved with grew by another 3 today after the winners of the competition to get into the story were announced. That's all being done in aid of animal rescue charities, so there is a purpose to the writing this time and the person who will be judging the next stage of the competition wrote to the group administrator this morning saying, 'I'll be pleased to judge the characters in the Alice epic and am fascinated by its potential as a long-term project -- the epistolatory novel is a good form in terms of imposing an indefinitely extensible structural simplicity that can hold all sort of imaginative riches as the door of each letter opens on the mind of each character.'

It sounds as if he is also hoping to have some fun but no one told me about the 'novel' bit!. 'Tis more a 'saga of insanity' (perhaps even written by the disaffected) if I were to be asked!

It's at:
      http://petcraftproject.proboards24.c...217334&start=0 if you are interested.

You have a good day, too.

Ari

Comment

Sorry

Sorry Ari for take the wrong boat. I hope you aren't to mad at me. Anyway
        You are from a country where I love the weather. I love it when it is not shiny and hot. I have expected this on my last trip to Russia, but I was totally wrong. We had beautiful and hot weather the entire 3 weeks we was driving from there, exept of one day. I plan to go next year to scotland, just a quick visit for 1 week or weekend and I'm sure I will love it.

Do you have any pet's

Quick

Comment

Why ever would I be mad at you, Quick?

I am at much at fault in the beginning for not considering the possibility that members would think 'China' from the choice of subject heading.

Here in Wales we seem to be surrounded by images of the Welsh dragon on everything from flags to rugby shirts and even half the cars seem to have dragon bumper stickers!

I know what you mean about the weather, although often wish Wales wasn't quite so wet at this time of year.

As for pets - yes, I've 2 horses, an older retired pony and 2 dogs and my partner also has a horse.

Ari

Comment

Hey Ari,

we have also 2 horses, did mention this before, sorry if so, I'm a little show off.
            We have unfortunely now only 1 cat left. The other one was sick and we had to put him down. My mother cried almost when she gave me the news that he didn't live anymore, cause he was a really good cat, good in catching mices and show off before us and after then he wanted a reward, with good food from us.
            I was in the cinema today and believe it or not the movie there was really hilarious. All the great actors from Germany were inside and I simply loved the movie.
            Today, as I was on my way to my next bigger town it rained and it still rained when I left the cinema, but I am not from sugar and I need only a cap, that my glasses don't get wet.

Do you have a computer, or a laptop as me?

Quick

Comment

Hi Ari, welcome to s.com, enjoy your stay!

Comment

It looks absolutely delightful, Ari! I've bookmarked it.

Now who or what exactly is Alice?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Mee.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Quick. I alwasy hate it when a pet dies or has to be pts.

Great that you also have horses, though.

As for 'Alice', HollyElise, I think she'll be more fun as a precocious, disaffected and scheming brat than a well-behaved child, don't you? I have to be a bit careful how far she might go on that board but reckon a little blackmail in her grandfather's direction and a few questionable relationships may get past the administrator.

Too heavy or too subtle on the humour front and it'll go over the heads of the members there. Much of the fun is also in trying to second-guess what the other writers will come out with. My uncle is writing the role of Alice's mother and he's a cunning old devil. Bet he finds her mother a way around at least some of Alice's manipulating. As for the teacher character, I just wonder how she's going to wriggle out of running that rabbit sanctuary and give her bossy sister what she deserves?

There will be another comp starting tomorrow and for more places in the writing team, if you are interested in joining in? Email me I'll send you a link for that when the info is posted.

Ari

Comment

Hey Ari,

Today I look forward to the new "Bourne", but I hope that it isn't as any other sencond part of movies, that it isn't good. The second part of "Matrix" isn't good for me, cause they do alot to much fighting and the movie is simply to long to watch it in one sitting. For me the first part is the best and I hope that they did not make any weird 2nd part of "Bourne". I like this movie really much, since I've bought it by accident in London. I try everyyear to go to London, just for shopping and a little sightseeing. But last time I was really not in my mind, cause I flought over when David Blane was in his cage and I didn't see him at that time. C'est ca la vie

Quick

Comment

Where I live there are no cinemas very near and weekend work limits the available time to plan outings at a distance. If we get a chance to spend an evening together and snuggle up on the sofa with a video, it is about the best we can do at the moment.

I've only been to London once - that a couple of weeks ago and when the boss discovered that I was the only staff member that could be spared to fill-in for his secretary/PA, who had been involved in a minor RTA. There wasn't a spare minute to shop or go sight-seeing. When we returned home the boss very kindly said I'd done well and could take a couple of days off... but to take the work that I would normally have done home with me so that I could catch up! Luckily I know him well enough to get away with taking him to task over that and negotiate a better deal.

Not sure I'd enjoy watching films like the ones you mention. Huge fight scenes and sci-fi stuff aren't really my taste. Even in a good thriller I usualy make coffee if there's a car chase involved - and it is often still going on after the coffee's made!

Ari

Comment

Hey Ari,

I really love almost all science fiction movies and the range of my fave movies is wide. The movie I didn't like is still pulp fiction. But, you prob call me insane, I have the entire StarTrekDS9 on tape, recorded from TV and I still like it, even that I have seen the tapes very often.
                        My chief didn't like when our secretary is not in the office and have holdays, cause my quality of the papers really go down. But when she's back, there's almost no problem, don't know why.
                        He gaves me the vacation just as I want to, cause our secretary can do my job when I'm away. But the last time he was almost a little giddery, cause I took off the whole August.
                        I have to check out soon a mall in Austria, called "Plus-city" and according what I heared, it is really amazing. But it take a whole day to, just, stroll through, but oddly I like just to stroll through markets. Do you also love to shop?

Quick

Comment

I don't think you insane at all, Qick, just that we have different tastes and lifestyles. That probably as a result of where we live and have been brought up.

Sometimes we go to Cardiff or Swansea and it's a very different experience there to shopping on a day to day basis. A bit of a novelty and easy perhaps to get carried away spending on things we don't really need. The last time I went there was before the trip to London. My boss had told me I would need suitable clothes for it and I needed to ask advice from pals on another forum about what would be suitable and what people doing the same job I had to do would wear in London. (Usually at work I can get away with a pair of jeans and a top in the office!) As it happened, I already had suitable stuff anyway, so only bought a couple of pairs of boots!

My partner, because he drives and can go to supermarkets during working hours, ususally does the main food shopping. Odds and ends I can pick up locally from the store in the village and when out on a horse. We have a bread maker, so are able to make fresh bread daily and tend to live out of the freezer quite a lot. My partner also grows most of our vegetables and my uncle, who lives on the next door property, keeps chickens so we have our eggs from him when the birds are laying. Those taste much better than shop-bought ones.

Ari

Comment

Hey Ari,
                            I love the eggs from the farmers more too, but we don't get ever chickens, cause simply my mother don't like them. But we got chickens all around. My grandpa have a few, my uncle beside us have a few. So we get never out of eggs, cause we visit our Grands very often.
                            Fortunely I haven't a restriction for clothes either, but I would like a suit in my job, but it is alot of work to get it on in the morning and in my jeans I just slip in and I'm finished.

Servus, see ya

Quick

Comment

Working...
                            X