Hello from the 'Land of the Dragon'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the 'Land of the Dragon'

It may be a few days overdue, but 'Hello, everyone, from wild, windy and wet Wales!'

Hello Arianwen,welcomeHow are you?hope you find this a lovely site and stay around and meet some (or) all of the locals,we are a wonderful lot once you get to know us,lol,we are alway looking for more friends,so come on in and enjoy!!!CYL...MM

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, MM - and please call me 'Ari', all my friends do!

I came here in search of knowledge about Scotland, especially the Western Isles, but my partner's grandparents live in Edinburgh, which is where his father was born.

Ari

Comment

Welcome, Arianwen. On first seeing the thread title, i imagined you meant China, but Wales is a bit nearer.
        Croeso!

Comment

Diolch yn fawr, Celyn.

LOL - I hadn't thought about China when I posted, sorry. I guess we all can tend not to think of what's under our noses or, in this case, just below us on a map?

When I look up to the heavens to stargaze it's often north and I've often felt drawn toward Scotland, so think of there.

Ari

Comment

Hello Arianwen and welcome from Oregon ,

I hope you enjoy your time here at s.com
            sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
            -Wendell Berry

Comment

Thanks, Megan.

I have various 2nd cousins and other relatives in the US - Arizona and New Mexico mainly, although we've never met. They are on my late mom's side of the family.

Ari

Comment

Hiya Arianwen and welcome !!

I am in Aberdeen, what part of Wales are you in...I have been to North wales but
                not for many years tho !!

I do know that at least one member went to University in Aberystwyth and
                she enjoyed it greatly !!

Hope to get to know you better !!

Comment

Croeso i'r Alban,
                  Ari; ariethi Cymraeg? (Do you speak welsh) (I THINK)
                  Anam Ceilteach

Comment

Thanks.

Babz, I live in Powys but am in Mid Glamorgan at the moment. (At a writers' group meeting!) I'd also love to get to know you all better, too. There's not that much to know about me. I'm sixteen, one of of five children, work in a family business and my main interests are horse riding, walking the dogs, writing and helping my partner, Calum with his landscaping & gardening activities. Yes, that usually means being knee deep in mud, soaked to the skin and bent double tree planting at the moment. (Perhaps I shouldn't have taken the extra days off my regular boss offered as a bonus after all?)

Eiric, I know a little Welsh, mainly simply phrases, but not enough to hold a conversation, sorry.

I'd really like to learn all about life on the Western Isles and to help with research for a writing project I'm currently involved in. Is there anyone here who'd be willing to help? I don't mind if they are male, female or what age they might be.

I've already got through the first selection process for the project but there's no money involved, I'm afraid - just a chance now to compete for 100's worth of goods that will be sent to an animal rescue centre of the winners choice. That is to be decided at the end of November when someone with editorial experience has been appointed to judge which writer's contributes most to the story and based on various criteria such as storyline, characterisation etc.

Although I'm not particularly competitive, I'd like to give it my best shot, also not put my foot in things too much by getting my facts wrong.

Ari

Comment

hi Ari!

I thought you meant China, too... ooops!

What do you like to write? I help wrun a writers gwoup in my city, too! (I suppose spelling isn't one of my strong points!

Comment

'Hello' from the Land of the RED Dragon!

Originally posted by HollyElise
                        hi Ari!

I thought you meant China, too... ooops!

What do you like to write? I help wrun a writers gwoup in my city, too! (I suppose spelling isn't one of my strong points!
                        I enjoy writing in a variety of genres but do mainly articles and fillers at the moment. I've done a few literary pieces but they don't pay very well.

For fun and stress relief I enjoy taking part in the sort of group writing activities mentioned before. Those are a bit like TV soaps but each writer involved handles their part from the perspective of their own particular character or characters.

As for spelling - what are PC spell checks and gramma checks for? I'd be lost without those.

Ari

Comment

Welcome Arianwen!

I didnt think you were from China....my mind went in the direction of you must be into knights and ladies and dragons....lol Combining the name and the title...lol

Guess I have a weird imagination...lol

Welcome to S.com...hope you like it here!
                          ~Gilly

Comment

inquisition

Hey Ariawen,

looks like you been very busy during the days. I would be glad if you can give me a few inside-stories about China, cause I go there next year. Beijing, Shanghai and Hongkong. I look very forward to this and I can hardly wait, but I have to. Unfortunely.

Quick

Comment

Re: inquisition

Originally posted by Quick02
                              Hey Ariawen,

looks like you been very busy during the days. I would be glad if you can give me a few inside-stories about China, cause I go there next year. Beijing, Shanghai and Hongkong. I look very forward to this and I can hardly wait, but I have to. Unfortunely.

Quick
                              ROFPMSL - Have a nice trip.

Alas, if you read my first post in the thread you'll see why you are asking the wrong person. (Or are we suddenly playing a game of Chinese whispers?)

Ari

Comment

Working...
                              X