No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again , If you go to Ireland first then get the ferry to Scotland you will land at Stranraer ... Will you be hiring a car (or do you say auto) or will you be trying to make your way by bus , it would be better by car then you could stop any where that took your fancy there are some very nice places (do you have a map) Portpatric, Isle of Whithorn , Port William , I could go on and on , it all depends on what you would like to see and how long you will be staying , picturesque fishing ports/villages , beautiful senic views of rural Scotland , old castles ,abbeys , or just general things of interest ... I have asked about B/B for you and will get back to you when I have the info , where would you like to stay , I would suggest Kirkcudbright for your base , then travel out to where ever takes your fancy ... Do you want to know little snippets of information about the area or would I spoil it for you ... when I get info I will try to E mail it to you along with a map and details of any other info you would like, like do you have car rental sorted out or do you need bus routes, times etc

Just for a matter of interest in Kirkcudbright grave yard there is a grave of one William marshall who died at the age of 120 he was a tinker?gypsy and when people visit the grave they leave a penny or coin , there is a pile of coins on his grave stone ... I'll not write any more till I find out what sort of thing if any you would like to know

Comment

Kirkcudbright

dogandgoldfish

Everything you know and have will be greatly appreciated. We will be renting a car, although we will be landing in Ireland and I think we plan to rent a car from there and take it across on the ferry to Scotland. If they allow it.
      Car is definitely a must. Want all the freedom of doing what we want. It will be just me and my sister. So I thank you ahead of time for checking into the B&B's for us.
      I am trying to convince my sister into traveling to Ireland and Scotland around the end of May and beginning of June. It will be nicer weather and there are the Highland games during that time. The cost will probably double during these times but if we know that and plan ahead we should be alright. But if you have any suggestions, please feel free to give them.
      We are in great hope of maybe meeting some of the few people we have chatted with here on scot.com, just depends, if they are close to where we are going.

Once again thanks
      Jueles
      "IF WOMEN DIDN'T EXIST, ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD WOULD HAVE NO MEANING." Aristotle Onassis

JUELES

Comment

Working...
      X