Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Yeaaaa...I am new here...

anyway, I'm gonna be taking a trip to Scotland next year so ya'll can expect some questions from me every now and then. I have read through alot of the forum already and got some good information. And since mlejoy has been to Scotland and now lives in Texas, maybe I can meet up with her and get some info!

Welcome T.K.,

I amtraveling to Scotland in June, when you going?
    sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
    -Wendell Berry

Comment

I am going either late May or Early June.

Comment

Cool,

Have you planned any of your trip yet?
        sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
        -Wendell Berry

Comment

I have been trying...but I don't know!

I want to visit Edinburgh for sure and I would like to spend a month in Scotland...but I am not sure what amount of money that would require. When I go to Scotland I am thinking I will have between 2500-3500 USD. I would also like to visit England. Maybe a week in England and the rest in Scotland. I don't know yet.

Comment

Are you talking that much for the entire trip including plane fare or just spending and hotels and what not?
            sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

I know I'm planning on having at least 2000 USD for my trip and that includes airfare, which was alot cheaper than I expected. And I'm only planning 9 days. I unfortunately don't have the ability to stay longer. How long are you planning to stay MDempsey?

Comment

I am staying for 14 days. I have about $3000 USD for the whole trip include airfare, But I still may save more! I am not going until June!
                sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

Originally posted by MDempsey
                  Are you talking that much for the entire trip including plane fare or just spending and hotels and what not?
                  I'm not sure, my grandmother may be covering airfare.

My idea is to roam from hostel to hostel, and maybe even take a tent and backpack that way...I am still undecided on many things. I don't think I will be staying in any hotels, they are too expensive.

Comment

Hi there,

That's sound like a good idea. B&B's and hostels seem to be the way to go for sure! Another good idea or tip is self catering instead of eating out all the time!
                    sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

I plan on eating very light. Probably going to a market and picking up bread and other supplies and stocking up that way.

Comment

T.K.

That is self catering! lol!! Good way to go hun!
                        sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

Hey TK,
                          Have you thought about the places you'd like to camp? Do you like to hike and all that?
                          sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

I like to hike and love to camp but I don't know where I could do that in Scotland. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to stay around Edinburgh so I dont get too far from a major city.

Comment

T.K.

You might want to ask that question in travel, I am sure someone will know! Goodluck though hun!
                              sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

Working...
                              X