Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great site!!! Anyone from Dunfermline???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great site!!! Anyone from Dunfermline???

Hi everyone! I'm new here too. so far I browsed around and tried to get myself aquainted with all the ins and outs here. This is the first thread(by Judy) that made me sit up and take notice!

As with Judy, my grandfather was Scottish,smoked his pipe and enjoyed the bagpipes immensely(sp)Sadly, he has passed away and I don't know alot about my heritage. Lately I have
    started to attend any festivals in my area that I can find. There was a fantastic one in Kincardine, Canada. I live in Walkerton so am not too far from there. Every Saturday night, the pipe band marches down the main street and everyone falls in behind for the journey1 I have never seen anything like it! It was awesome. When they got back to the starting point, they played in the park until shortly after dark.
    Anyway, enough of that.....Andydave also caught my attention. My grandfather was from Dunfermline. After doing some digging,I found out that there are a few GLANCEY's still living there. I wonder if you might know them! I don't know how large it is and hope that some day I can visit .
    I guess that enough for now. I am a real blabber mouth!!!

Cheryllfaith

Life's a journey, not a destination.

Cheryllfaith

Hi Cheryl and welcome to Scotland.com from me in sunny Aberdeen.
    Dumfermline is a a few hours drive from me, only ever driven
    through it !!
    I am sure that we do have a few members from there though, maybe one
    of them will see your post and reply soon, until then join in with the
    rest of us and enjoy the site !!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Hope to hear from alot more folks soon. In a hurry so I won't say anything else right now!have a great day.
      Life's a journey, not a destination.

Cheryllfaith

Comment

Working...
      X