Big Hugs From Australia!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Hugs From Australia!!

Hello Everyone! Im Jessica, 16 years old and im from Australia!
    ~*If You Can Understand The Me, Then I Can Understand The You*~

Originally posted by Adela
    Hello Everyone! Im Jessica, 16 years old and im from Australia!

[i]Hello Adela..

Welcome to Scotland.com..

I've never been to Australia.. It's a dream of mine actually. Hopefully one day!

Hope you enjoy your time here and see you around..

Mistress

Comment

welcome to the board..I love Oz, never been there tho.. I know country singer and hot aussie keith urban is from Oz

God and peace,
      Vanessa
      I'm a born again Christian and proud of it!I love the PBR (Professional Bull Riding) www.pbrnow.com I love country music and Garth brooks, Phil Vassar and Keith Urban!

Comment

Thank you Mistress and Vanessa for your lovely welcomes!

Comment

Hi there Adela and welcome from a sunny Aberdeen, most of Scotland has rain
          today but we are lucky...lolol

Where in Australia are you from, I have relatives in New South Wales!!

See you posting more soon I hope !!

Comment

Hi Adela!
            No been tae Oz since 2001 (Lions tour) but I loved it! It is such a wonderful country and the people are so friendly!.
            WLMDO?

Comment

hello

adela welcome to scotland.com what part of aus are u from ive heard its beautiful there.

Comment

Hi again!
                Thank you babz, Maddog_Mcclaymore and Chokolatekake for your warm welcomes!. Yes Australia is a beautiful country indeed! I live in Victoria.

One day soon, Maybe when i am 18 (Because i am only 16 at the moment) i shall come visit lovely Scotland, It has always been on the top of my list of things to do! It even would be great to get married in Scotland and have the bag pipes playing! hehe, I should metion my father is Scotish so thats where i get my love for Scotland from, But you dont even need to have a Scotlish background to love the country!

Comment

hi Adela,

welcome also from me from rainy cold Germany.

I wish I would be now in Aus, at least it would be warmer!

Comment

Hello Lady_Deirdre,
                    Thank you for your welcome, Very nice of you Wow Germany! long ways away! I dont know about Australia being warmer! its quite cold at the moment, We're just at the end on winter now heading for spring!.

Comment

Hi there Adela, welcome from Oregon, USA. Nice to meet you and enjoy the site!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Thanks so much Kathyv, I'm feeling very welcome now hehe

Comment

Originally posted by maddog_mcclaymore
                          Hi Adela!
                          No been tae Oz since 2001 (Lions tour) but I loved it! It is such a wonderful country and the people are so friendly!.
                          WLMDO?
                          A question, if I may?

Why is the nickname for Australia "Oz" ????

Is there a tie in to the "Wizard of Oz" in a land somewhere over the rainbow?

Curious cousin Foxx in Texas

Comment

Well Foxx its simply because when you put the A + U + S together you get Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Adela

Well Foxx its simply because when you put the A + U + S together you get Oz.
                              Thanks for the information!

And here I thought the reference was to the "Wizard of Oz"

But it does seems to fit - "A land somewhere over the rainbow where dreams really do come true..."

I've never been to Australia but have ran into many Aussies in my travels about the globe, who always hate it when I ask them, "What part of Britain do you come from?" ---

I'm sorry, but an Aussie accent sounds an awful lot like a British accent to untrained Texas American ears:-)

I had some U.S. Army buddies (Military Intelligence) that were stationed in Australia somewhere north of Melbourne in a rural area co-located on a base with the Australian army technical people and said they enjoyed their tour of duty in "Oz" -- especially the ladies, whom they found fit, tan and in beautiful shape who thought they talked "funny" but were good sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X