Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new friends wanted

hi,
    I'm Sabine and I look for new friends. Age is not important. I'm very into history, reading books, languages and a lot more stuff.

So I would be very glad if someone drops me a line or two or three?

Hi Sabine, my name is Megan. Welcome! So where are you from?
    sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
    -Wendell Berry

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately I'm from Germany. I'd long to somewhere else than here.

Comment

Where in Germany? What don't you like about it there? How old are?
        sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
        -Wendell Berry

Comment

Hi Sabine,
          Welcome! I am coming to Germany next year. I understand about not being happy where you are though. Hope it all works out so that one day you can change that!
          MD, it's good to see your post as always girl.

Have a good day,
          Eppie

Comment

@ MDempsey:

I'm from Osnabrueck. About 2 hours away from Hannover in Niedersachsen. Where are you from?

What I don't like about my country is simply too much...some people always tell me I should emigrate to a country far away, where they don't visit me. I hate the stubbborn way of thinking which a lot of the germans have, and I also hate the disccusions with people from the former GDR, because a lot of them ant the wall back. I have no problem with that. (I grew up in the west!). And the whole bunch of neonazis make me sick!

But other than that it is ok for me at that time to be here, but not any more longer! That's for sure!

Well, I'm maybe to old to emigrate but I'll do it anyway. (I'm 30 yrs.)

@eppie:

to which part of Germany do you come and why?

Do you like Germany? How old?

Comment

LD

Hi there,
              I have not been to Germany, but have studied it and the language. I am just starting my traveling adventures next summer. I would like to visit Germany when I travel Europe. There are some great historical sights I'd like to see.

I don't think you're ever to old to immagrate. I am 27
              sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

Lady D,
                I have always wanted to visit Germany; Bavria in particular. My ancestors are from Germany and I have just always thought it is beautiful. I also have a friend there that will show me around and I like a personal tour.

I live in Memphis, the home of Elvis. I am 29.

I agree with MD....you re never too old to immigrate...or do anything else for that matter!

take care,
                Eppie

Comment

Hey Eppie,

What a way to introduce Memphis. hehehehehehehe

Good to see you on here. Talk to you later.

Hey Eppie, do you have any pets?
                  sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

MD

Then you have to visit me, if you want.About half an hour up to an hour is the place where the Varus Battle between the Romans and the Teutons. I've never been there myself.

Comment

LD

That would be excellent. I'll let you know when begin to plan a trip. Thanks.
                      Have you been to Cologne? I would love to see the Cathedral. I am a huge Art History buff.
                      sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

Hey Eppie,

nice way to describe Memphis. Do you like his music?

I hope you like Germany. But beware of the beer in Bavaria, it is damn good !!

The only problem with immigrating is my son (1 year old). But I'll managed that also, like my divorce in almost one year.

Comment

MD

Unfortunately not. But you should know Cologne is one of the *warm* cities of Germany!

Comment

Warm, what does that mean - friendly people or just warm?
                            sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

-Wendell Berry

Comment

warm means that Cologne is a strongehold of the gay and lesbian people in Germany. The people who live in cologne have a very strong accent.

well it is not nice what i wrote about Cologne, but in some areas of germany the people are telling a lot of jokes about Cologne that's why I said it.

I personally have nothing against gay and lesbian people, but a lot of my best buddies have problems with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X