Making new friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making new friends

Hello from sunny Southern California, USA! I'm a new member. Is anyone from Scotland out there? I am planning a trip to Edinburgh sometime in September of 2005 (this year I'll be heading to boring ol' Maui, Hawaii). I've been researching your lovely country and have taken an interest in learning Gaelic. So far I've found a great contact in Utah, USA, that is willing to provide me with loads of information on the language, but she hasn't been to Scotland yet. Anyone know of some good tour guides in Scotland? Email me at fabioladelmuro@att.net with any information you have, I'd appreciate it.
    Fabiola

Originally posted by Fabiolus
    Hello from sunny Southern California, USA! I'm a new member. Is anyone from Scotland out there? I am planning a trip to Edinburgh sometime in September of 2005 (this year I'll be heading to boring ol' Maui, Hawaii). I've been researching your lovely country and have taken an interest in learning Gaelic. So far I've found a great contact in Utah, USA, that is willing to provide me with loads of information on the language, but she hasn't been to Scotland yet. Anyone know of some good tour guides in Scotland? Email me at fabioladelmuro@att.net with any information you have, I'd appreciate it.
    [i]Hello Fabiolus..

I know I have already welcomed you.. but I wanted to say hello again.. and just say I loved Maui.. lol.. Of course I love Scotland.. and yes Ireland too.. but Maui is different and just so.. relaxing.. ahhhh... what a great holiday that was

See you about

Mistress

Comment

Thanks for the shout-out Mistress! I appreciate your welcoming messages. Although I'm starting my vacation (holiday) plans for next year already, I'm really looking forward to THIS year's vacation (holiday) in Hawaii. Getting away for a week will be nice, too bad it can't be longer. I'm not sure, did you say you're in Scotland, or just been there many times? Did you have a tour guide or are you familiar with the area? Ireland, that was my first impulse for next year's 'holiday' but when I stumbled in to Scotland.com and looked at pictures and then did more research of Scotland on other sites, I made my decision to head there FIRST. Hmm, maybe I can do both at the same time. Have you ever been to Wales?
      Fabiola

Comment

[i]Hey..

I am from New York.. been here all my life.. Not overly attached to the place, but it is where I lay my hat.. I've met many friends online and they were my tour guides in Scotland. To be honest however, Ive not seen much of the country. My last trip this past June, I did venture out one day into, what I guess would be on its way up to the highlands. I'm not all that familiar with it all. This past trip had a purpose, so it was not overly important to see that much..

Ireland is just as beautiful.. Just as breathtaking. I did three weeks there a few years back. I was ready to move there upon my return. I loved it. You can do Ireland and Scotland in the one holiday, but certainly not in only a weeks time.. lol.. ya need a month.. lol.. and no Ive never been to wales.. not yet anyway..

I hope you enjoy that Maui trip.. and Aloha!

Comment

I'm counting the days now for my vacation... NEED IT BADLY. I told my daughters that if I happen to go alone on my Scotland trip next year, don't count on my return!! They just looked at me...of course I'll be back, but I've gone as far as looking in to how much homes are selling for, etc... They think I'm nuts. Maybe I am, but most of the time these days, I just feel I need a change. Been married for 13 years, to a man I've known for 16 years (I'm 33). And he's not really in to doing anything together anymore...I had to basically TWIST his arm and WRESTLE him down to the floor for him to take time off and go to Hawaii with us. Okay, a bit too personal here, but isn't just like that with strangers?
          Fabiola

Comment

just thought i would say Hi and welcome,hope you enjoy it here lots of good fun and great people. .

Comment

I'm counting the days now for my vacation... NEED IT BADLY. I told my daughters that if I happen to go alone on my Scotland trip next year, don't count on my return!! They just looked at me...of course I'll be back, but I've gone as far as looking in to how much homes are selling for, etc... They think I'm nuts. Maybe I am, but most of the time these days, I just feel I need a change. Been married for 13 years, to a man I've known for 16 years (I'm 33). And he's not really in to doing anything together anymore...I had to basically TWIST his arm and WRESTLE him down to the floor for him to take time off and go to Hawaii with us. Okay, a bit too personal here, but isn't just like that with strangers?
              Sounds like you have gotten use to each other,lol,i have been married to my hubby for almost 15 years, we dont do alot to gether either,we almost never go anywhere with one another,we do our on thing,i to have threatened to move to Scotland,he told me he would buy me a one way ticket,lol,i think we would be lost without each other,if we was apart for more than a week or so,i think all couples need a break,but that is just my oppinion,so dont quote lol.well c-ya later.

Comment

MM, thanks! I know my hubby's so dependent upon me that he actually started calling me "mom" about 2-3 years ago! GOD! I told him he better not start calling me "MA", because then we'll be more like Ma and Pa. Imagine "Farmer's" picture here. I have yet to call him "dad." I don't think I ever will. I do everything from working full time (and part-time in Real Estate), to taking care of 4 kiddies and now him. Maybe that's why I just want to RUN, RUN, RUN!! Can't take so much pressure, know what I mean? I love doing things, going camping, the beach, games, travel. He just doesn't want to do anything. I've cancelled too many trips in the previous years because he couldn't get the time off. When he realized I was going with or without him in a few weeks, he managed to get the time off from work. Maybe that's all I need, JUST DO IT! Nike's Motto. I like that...
                Fabiola

Comment

know what you mean about the 'mom thing mine does the same,i told him i have 3 that are entitaled to call me that ,i dont meed a big baby too,lol,me and my three kids just went to Gatlinburg in May,by ourselves,we had a ball,we went to a Scottish Festavel,it was wonderfull cant wait until next year,hahahaha

Comment

Did you have a tour guide in Scotland? Or do you know someone there? I'm looking for a tour guide and all of them claim to be "the best ones" on their websites, I'd rather hire one that is recommended.
                    Fabiola

Comment

[i]lol..

Hire a tour guide?

Na.. just get yourself a good tour book.. of gather all your information on here.. and drive..

One of the best things to happen is to wonder off and get lost in the mountains.. I remember all the beautiful sites that I had the opportunity to take in, as I was not driving, but then again.. you could just pull over.. and take pictures.. Silly me, I kept forgetting my camera.. but it's all in my mind now.. every breathing taking view.. and feeling. lol.. We were even lucky enough to have come across the wee sheep in the road.. and sadly to say.. I didnt have the camera ready.. or at all.. I don't remember..

If you go to a book store, there are so many books of all the things you dont wanna miss.. and you can just map it all out on your own.

Mistress

Comment

Did you have a tour guide in Scotland? Or do you know someone there? I'm looking for a tour guide and all of them claim to be "the best ones" on their websites, I'd rather hire one that is recommended.
                        Hi Fabiolus, If you come to Edinburgh I can be your tour guide. I know the best places to take you.
                        It's not for honour, glory or riches that we fight but for freedom, for that alone.
                        (Decleration of Arbroath 1320)

Comment

Working...
                        X