Hello people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello people!

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm new here. I've never been to Scotland but it sounds a nice place and I'd love to go there. I live in England, I'm called Dudey and I'm 21.
    I'm normal

Hi and welcome, Dudey.
    Yes, Scotland is a beautiful country, and the people are so hospitable to nice people.
    I've been around a wee bit, and found parts of England and Ireland to be spectacular, Jugoslavia in 1971 was all that one could ask of an old country with an Adriatic coastline, Austria with those panoramic views of chalets on distant slopes, the vastness of parts of Australia, the green paradise that is New Zealand.
    But Scotland wins the prize for me.
    Hope you enjoy this site, and that you spend some time soon in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by MaggiesBoy
      Hi and welcome, Dudey.
      Yes, Scotland is a beautiful country, and the people are so hospitable to nice people.
      I've been around a wee bit, and found parts of England and Ireland to be spectacular, Jugoslavia in 1971 was all that one could ask of an old country with an Adriatic coastline, Austria with those panoramic views of chalets on distant slopes, the vastness of parts of Australia, the green paradise that is New Zealand.
      But Scotland wins the prize for me.
      Hope you enjoy this site, and that you spend some time soon in Scotland.
      Cheers mate!
      I'm normal

Comment

Hi Dudey!

.. I'm a newbie around these parts too. Met some really decent people on Scotland.com already! (the feedback to my first few threads says it all)

England & Ireland are "Spectacular" ... but Scotland is better, right?

... actually, Canada ain't bad either eh?

Welcome Aboard!
        Visiting or Relocating to the Okanagan Valley in BC, Canada? ...
        www.okanaganforum.com
        (Community/Research Forum)

Comment

Originally posted by NessieOggy

... actually, Canada ain't bad either eh?

Welcome Aboard!
          I hope that you know, NessieOggy, that I was referring only to countries I've actually visited, and no disrespect to those countries I did not mention. On film and in magazines, which is all I've seen, Canadais certainly seen to be beautiful.

Comment

Hiya Dudey and a welcome from Aberdeen to you !!

Where abouts in England are you from !!

Join in the other forums and make loads of new friends !!

Comment

... {i'll try and speak softly, not to awaken the kitty above}

No problem at all MaggiesBoy, it was just my attempt at a wee bit awe humour! .. i fully understand that you were only refering to countries you could give your true opinion on.

In a lot of ways, this part of BC, Canada reminds me of parts of Scotland, just a different climate really. They even have Ogopogo over here, where we have good auld Nessie back home.
              www.okanaganforum.com

Comment

Thank you, NessieOggy for your gracious reply.
                Explain "Ogopogo" if you will, to this ignorant Scot, please.

Comment

Hey MaggiesBoy!

'Ogopogo' is the British Columbian version of 'Nessie' over here in Canada. I don't know too much about their mythical lake monster, but i will find a web page i have around here and drop it in this thread shortly.

All the best,
                  Nessie

www.okanaganforum.com

Comment

... here ya go MB!

http://www.tourcanada.com/ogopogo.htm

www.okanaganforum.com

Comment

Thanks for that story, NessieOggy, it seems that Ogopogo is a relative of oor Nessie, or is indeed oor Nessie on holiday in another loch!

Comment

.. i think the 2nd choice there MB.

I'm thinking 'Nessie' is over in Canadian waters, just to catch a break from that tropical blue see up there in Lochness. Or maybe Nessie wants a wee change from the "Och" in Lochness & more of the "Eh?" in the Bay!

I know, i'm rambling now, just some late night posibilities.

Well, i think i will call it a night, as it's into the wee hours over here in Canada.

Goodnight All!
                        www.okanaganforum.com

Comment

Hi there Dudey, welcome from Oregon, USA!
                          Been to Scotland and England a couple of times, I like both! Where are you?

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Working...
                          X