Hello from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Germany

How to start here, i don´t know. :-) First, my name is Nicole and i´m from Düsseldorf in Germany. I´m 23 years old, married and have 2 cats (Woody and Tiffy). :-)
    I would be glad to find some email friends maybe. My english is no more the best, but i hope it will change.
    I never been in Scotland, but it´s one of my dreams and i hope someday i´ll get the chance. :-) Maybe as my honeymoon trip next year.

Thanks
    Nicole
    To dream about the person you´d like to be, is to waste the person you are.

Hello Nicole,

First I wanna say that I joined this club too, without beeing ever there, cause it's to near for me. I am middleaged 29 and I love to go to every spot that is for me worth to watch and enjoy. I almost a little shy to tell that I go this year to the near Russia. But I look damn forward to it and I hope that my bus will be as funny as last time in France, never laughed so much at a vacation. I enjoyed it very much, even that not everybody speaks english there, but this was for me the greatest fun.

Hope to hear from you

Quick

Comment

Hello Quick,

thank you for your answer. Well i´ve been in england for two times ( <- is that right?) and in ireland for one time (?). :-) I was 12 and 13 years old on my vacation to england, and 16 in ireland. It was a great experience, even though my time in ireland wasn´t the best. I´d live by a family near ballina on a farm and bed & breakfast. They never had enough time for me and i was very homesick. But england was great. Long time ago... :-)
      Hope to hear from you

Nicole

Comment

Hello! Welcome a board!

Oh when 29 is middleaged, what am I? LOL
        'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

Hello,

thanks for the nice welcome! :-) We have a german proverb "Man ist nur so alt wie man sich fühlt!" :-) In english? Hm, you´re just as old as you feel. Something like that, i don´t know. :-)

Comment

Failte gu Alba akascha_2000

Or as you would say, Wilkommenn in Schottland. You would be very welcome to visit and enjoy Scotland at any time. Just be ready for very rapid changes in the weather.

To help with your English:- two times is normally expressed as twice.
            If Charlie gets his English throne
            We Scots will tell him "Pog mo thon"

Comment

Hello Teuchter,

thank you for your nice words! Well, i hope my english will become better soon. :-) You speak some words in german? That´s great!
              Between the weather in germany and the UK and ireland that is not that different. Our weather changes between rain, sunshine, then again rain ... :-)
              I think it´s the same in the whole world because of the change in climate. But enough from talking about the weather! :-)

Comment

Hello Nicole,

I could only agree that the weather changes in Ireland very fast and I was glad that I asked somebody before my travel what I should take with me. I was there in september 99 and it was really funny, as we were in the bus the weather was nice and the sun was shining and a few minutes after we stepped out it starts to rain. I was prepared for the changing weather travelled for a few days to London. I thought it couldn't be hot there, so I left my shirts and the sleeveless jacket at home. But it was really hot there and I haven't got any clothes for this weather and I couldn't buy anything, cause I left my mastercard at home, so it was the cheapest holiday for me, there I only needed 100 bucks for 4 days and this was really bad cause I was there, cause I wanted to shop.
                I saw a lot of girls in my vacation 99 in Killarney, you know it? anyway, but there was really lot of girls riding on horses and live by a family there, I couldn't imagine this, but now we got ourselves 2 horses, but I do the chores gladly, cause in the office I got almost no move there.

Talk soon, take care

Quick

Comment

Hi Quick,

i understand what you mean, i´ve had the same problem in england as well, but i was only 12 and had no mastercard. :-) Only the money my parents gave me.
                  But i think every woman knows this problem with right or wrong clothes.
                  The sad at my vacation to ireland was that i´d never had the chance to see something from ireland itself. Because of the farm and the b & b, my irish family had no time to show me something, and they sad i were to young to do it on myself.
                  I was there with my friend, but she lived far away and we saw each other just on day in a week.
                  At one day we were in Sligo, watched a movie (mission impossible) but we were bored and left the cinema, we just wanted to see something from the city and have a little fun. But after that we got a lot of trouble with my irish "mother". I couldn´t understand it, and i was as furious as you can imagine. The next day she told me, that an attack happend in sligo and she just were in worry about us.
                  The last time i helped them on the farm to have something to do. But i´ve had to find out that we definitly had different mentality in dealing with animals and other stuff. Anyway, it was a great experience for a 16 year old girl. :-)

You have own horses? I started horse riding with the age of 7, but since a few years i don´t have the time and money. It´s very expensive in germany.
                  Last summer a friend and i traveled to Austria, for vacation on a riding farm. It was awful!

Hope soon
                  Nicole

Comment

FEARS

Hey Nicole,

We have 2 horses, but I didn't dare to ride them, the onliest one who can really ride is my sister, but she haven't now the time anymore, she's busy with her own family now. In fact I was only riding for one time, in Canada, but I didn't have as much fear as on the horse, either not on my sky-dive in NZ and there it was really awful. But I had a lot more fear to fall from the horse and break once again my collarbone. So after it my legs were 3 days after hurting cause I squeezed them so much on the horse back. I know it's a kind of speciality to only feed the horses and don't ride them, but our mare is a thoroughbred and with this very easy to startle. I in Killarney had really a funny time there. Just go through the city was funny, cause there was a guy standing in front of a house and singing loudly like strangling a cat. On the other days we, the group and I, was going to different pubs and enjoy there a guinnes or two and it really tasted great and we had a funny time there. It was a cool city, not as New York or the other spots I was, it was just a little city, a really tourist city were everyday was showed a irish program for us. Eg. dancing of the girls or even listen to the Ire's like they made their really funny music.

Hope to hear from you

Andi

Comment

Working...
                    X