Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone, Scotland is the place I dream of. I practice the old religion, Celtic magick, faeire magick. I live in the states,would love to hear all about Scotland !!! Violetmoon

Hi there Violetmoon, welcome from Oregon. Where are you?

Be sure to visit around all the forums, you will learn a lot about Scotland and it's people.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Hi there Kathyv, I am from Illinois. I am really looking forward to this forum. Scotland is such a magical place! I would love to see a faeire tree!!!! So you are from Oregon? Close to the ocean? That is another passion of mine, The Ocean!!!! Violemoon

Comment

Originally posted by Violetmoon
        Scotland is such a magical place! I would love to see a faeire tree!!!!
        Hi Violetmoon, welcome to s.com

I hope that you enjoy the site and that one day you make it over here to see Scotland for yourself...though you do know that there is no such things as "real" faeire tree's right?...

However we do have millions of other types of tree's for you to see..

Comment

Faerie trees

Yes there are REAL Faerie trees, they are thorn trees that are twisted very magical looking. They are never to be cut down,it is real bad luck to cut down a faerie tree. Violetmoon

Comment

lol..ok

Well I may be mistaken but are not all woodland trees faerie tree's??...they are afterall the protectors of the trees...as they live in them and care for them... as they do for the plants and woodland animals..I too know a little of them as I have learned and read much of several of the earth based religions, paticularily druidism. However that dont make any of it Real...and I dont believe that any one tree is classified as "the one" I believe that many of them have different significances...IE... the Alder is for the dark faeries, and when they leave them they turn into ravens... the apple is known as the home for unicorns, the birch is also known as "the lady of the woods"... the list is I am sure endless and I cant remember much more that that off the top of my head...but I can say for certain that in the land of the faeries its bad luck to chop down or harm any tree....

but my point was not which tree was what but that we dont have any such thing as Real Faeries or their trees in Scotland or in any other country, or world outside of the immaginary ones.... Its beautiful to believe in the mythology and mystisism of any magical belief..but it is also important to remember reality...otherwise we would all be off to visit Frodo and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Violetmoon
              Hi there Kathyv, I am from Illinois. I am really looking forward to this forum. Scotland is such a magical place! I would love to see a faeire tree!!!! So you are from Oregon? Close to the ocean? That is another passion of mine, The Ocean!!!! Violemoon
              I am a long day's drive from the Pacific. I am actually closer to Idaho and the Snake River than the ocean. Much of Oregon is pretty far away from the ocean altho we do have some lovely coastal areas. It's just a small part of the state.

Iam glad you are excited about the site! Be sure to visit the Open forum aka Scotland Dot C*me*n Inn, there are a lot of folks there to visit with.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Welcome, Violetmoon, to a fabulous site, and may youlong enjoy it.
                Your discussion with Talon reminds me of an old joke we used to use to show how we Scots are always superior to the other nations of the U.K.
                There was an Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman, and a Scotsman sitting in a pub having a friendly sort of an argument.
                Finally, fed up with the row, the Englishman said "Up the rose!", and the others chorused "Sit on it!".
                The Welshman said "Up the leek!", and the others chorused "Sit on it!".
                The Irishman said "Up the shamrock!" and the others chorused "Sit on it!".
                AND - the Scotsman said "Up the thistle; you canna be sitting on that!!!!"
                MaggiesBoy.

Comment

Working...
                X