Scotland the Brave!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland the Brave!!!

Aye! What a thrill to be a part of Scotland.com!! The lovliest country I have ever seen! I was in Scotland just about 5 years ago (has it really been that long!!) and I hope to return some day soon. My heart longs to come home! I live across the Big Pond, but my heart still lies in the Highlands! I even have a kilt - and they say it takes a real man to wear a kilt outside of Scotland! I would love to find a job in Scotland! I can think of nothing better than to live out my days in the country I love and cherish! I hope to hear from some of you soon, and if anyone does know of any career opportunities, please do let me know! God bless and keep you! I am thankful to be here and who knows - someday soon I might be living in the country of my dreams!!!!!!!

4Him,

Braveheart

Hi there Braveheart70, welcome from Oregon. Where are you?

Be sure to visit the Moving Forum. There has been stuff posted there about moving and working in Scotland.

Good luck!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Hi Kathy! Thanks for replying. Where is the Moving Forum located? I am not aware of it - but of course I just joined! Hope you are having a great weekend! Oh by the way, I live in Missouri.

Be blessed!

Comment

hello,braveheart70,and welcome,you are very luck to have visited Scotland,it is a dream of mine to atleast visit there before i 'pass on',lol ,hope thats not for a long ,long time,but anyway,welcome ,and have fun!lots of fun people here,c-ya and g-bye for now.

Comment

After signing in, if you scroll down toward the bottom of the forums page, you will see a Travel forum, the next one is Moving. Or you can click the Forum Jump arrow and pick where you wish to go. There is a lot of good info in both these places.

I have been through St Louis to Kansas City and north to Iowa where my daughter lives, pretty close to Council Bluffs. One year we made a trip to Nashville and went through Missouri to come home.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Kathy - hey thanks for the info. I'll make a point to look into that soon. So what all is there to do on this website? I have looked around some, but my computer skills are not the greatest!! Hope you are doing well and have a great week!

Comment

Hi there Braveheart70!! A belated welcome to you!

Comment

Hello mee! Thanks for the greeting. Hope you are having a super day! Where bouts are you from?

Comment

Hey Braveheart70! I'm from Tennessee USA !! Have a great rest of the day!

Comment

Welcome, Braveheart70! I'm in the toasty state of
                    Arid-Zona.
                    People without a sense of humor are no laughing matter.

Comment

Hello

Welcome!! What part of missouri are you from? I drove through there a couple of years ago. What part of Scotland did you visit?
                      "Some say dreams never die,If you don't live them they do."John Lennon

Comment

I live in the St. Louis area. I drove up from London and stayed in Musselburgh (spelling sorry) which is just outside of Edinburgh. Went to St. Andrews and tried to play golf there, but unfortunately was unable. Then went through Glencoe, on up through Aberdeen and Ulapool, back down by Loch Ness and on into Ft. William and I believe Loch Lloyd area. Then back down to London. It was incredible!! Absolutely beautiful indeed. And the people were just the friendliest imaginable! Not to mention the food was outstanding! But the scenery is unmatched! Have a blessed day!

Comment

Welcome, Braveheart70, and don't apologise re spelling of my home town, Musselburgh, you were spot on!
                          MaggiesBoy

Comment

Thanks Maggie! Hope you are doing well. Musselburgh is a lovely place! We ate at an Italian place - the owners are actually from Italy and moved to Scotland and started the business. We stayed in a place called The Arden House (I think that was the name of it). It's right across the street from a horse track and a golf course. I absolutely loved it there! Any chance a Yankee could get a job somewhere in Scotland? I would love to move there if the right opportunity comes along!!

Have a blessed day!

Comment

Well, Braveheart70, of course a Yankee could get a job in Scotland! However, it would obviously depend on what your skills are and whether you can afford to maintain yourself once you get there. I believe that if you have Scottish grandparents or parents you can apply to have residence in Scotland leading to citizenship. Otherwise you look at getting something like a 6-months work permit.
                              Where there's a will there's a way, they say, but it seems to be getting tougher these days.
                              Thank you for the memories you evoke for me of Links Road, Musselburgh. The horse track you mention contains within it one of the oldest golf courses in Scotland, known as a links course. Thus the name Links Road. I've spent many hours running around that horse track as part of training we used to do for fitness.
                              I've been away from Musselburgh since 1973 when my wife and I emigrated to New Zealand. I'd love to return there to live, but no money to do so.
                              I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours to go and work in Scotland.
                              MaggiesBoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X