ciamar a tha thu en diugh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ciamar a tha thu en diugh?

hi, i have just joined and am looking forward to taking part in the discussions. my name is icewytch (ice for short) and i live on an orkney island with my partner blu and our animals and grown children.

welcome 'ice'you came to the right place for discussion,we have plenty of it in here,many diffrent opinions,thats what makes it 'work' i guess.hope to see ya around the boards,have fun.c-ya and have a good day,g-bye.

Comment

Hi there icewytch, welcome from Oregon, USA. Nice to meet you.

The Orkneys are on my list to visit, they look very interesting!

What animals do you have?

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

welcome to scotland.com
        Semper Fidelis -- Always Faithful

Comment

thank you for the welcome.
          i keep goats, sheep, ducks and geese, chickens, dogs and cats. the goats and poultry we raise for meat and skins, i tan my own skins here, and the poultry for both meat and eggs. we supplement our income by selling eggs to the local shops here (we have three, lol!)

Comment

Wow! Three? We have 1 shop here! But they don't buy eggs. I usually never get enough to sell from my 2 little hens! LOL

I am the poultry, rabbit and cavy superentendant for our local 4-H fair. I also judge them, dogs and eggs for 4-H. I have 2 goats and 3 dogs as well as 6 horses.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by icewytch
              thank you for the welcome.
              i keep goats, sheep, ducks and geese, chickens, dogs and cats. the goats and poultry we raise for meat and skins, i tan my own skins here, and the poultry for both meat and eggs. we supplement our income by selling eggs to the local shops here (we have three, lol!)
              Hello, icewytch. Greetings from Glasgow and welcome to Scotland.com. I envy you these goats and sheep and the whole menagerie. Bah! I don't think I'd get away with keeping those in a small city flat though.

I have never been to any of the Orkney islands, much to my regret. so it will be nice to have you here, so we can learn about life there.

At the risk of sounding very stupid, is it true about there being no trees? Or do people saying that simply mean, some trees but not very many? (Hmm, I think I do feel daft already!)

Comment

Hey! Welcome, and it's nice to have somebody from 'out there'... I had a good online friend with a lady from the Orkneys, she had border collies, sheep and such... and I liked her a lot.

Somehow got lost as I left the chat as it got swamped and dumped by trolls and hackers.

'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

Hello Ice,

Saw your post and looked interesting.
                  Youre up at the cold north and we are at the cool csouth
                  of New Zealand today it is 11, yesterday it was zero
                  in Invercargill in what is known as the deep South.

We are ex Auckland 1000 miles away where the temperatures
                  are never much below 14 and maybe 6 on a cold night.
                  Usually they are 16 - 18 or more in summer, so we are
                  trying to acclimatize with a thought of adapting easier
                  to Scotland next May.

How long have you been where you are and what does the
                  temperature reach and how old are your teenagers.
                  How do you survive financially. We are renovating a
                  house as there is a lot of inexpensive housing here
                  waiting to be snapped up. Heard a women saying yesterday
                  that the house she bought for $125,00 dollars she bought for 15 thousand several years ago. Is it like living
                  on that televison program Isle of Sky I have seen. Abi.

Comment

Working...
                  X