This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi, my name is Jan,I live in Florida,USA.This is a nice site for ones abroad to visit to learn things about Scotland. My best friend and I are visiting Glasgow (April 19-26th).We love to meet people,and cannot wait to see the beautiful country of Scotland and it's people!

Who knows maybe one of you will be the one sitting in a corner at a local pub,on Argyle or Jamacia Street.

[i]Hello FLShimmer

Welcome to Scotland.com..

I am from New York but I also have family currently living in Florida now. I visit there often actually.. What part of Florida are you from?

I hope you enjoy your trip to Scotland. It is very beautiful there.. and I as well hope to make another visit there soon..

See you around the boards..

Mistress

Comment

Hi there Jan, welcome from Oregon!

Lucky you! You will love Scotland, it is fantastic! You will be planning your next trip there on the flight home!

Be sure to check around the site, there are many people here who live in and around Glasgow and would be happy to visit with you about their beautiful city.

Other than Glasgow, do you plan to visit any place else?

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Hi Jan,

welcome to Scotland.com..

I have been to the orange state many times and i just love it there...

I know you will also love it here when you come...

Comment

Hi,Talon,Kathyv,Mistress,

What a nice welcome, Thank you.

I live in the NorthWest/Panhandle of Florida..Best beaches in Florida are around my area.!

I will be sure to check out the site and see if I can find some from the Glasgow area.We plan on visiting
          Stirling,Inverness,Highlands,Isle of Sky( I hope thats the way its suppose to be)and lots of castles and of course we have to check out the loch ness monster (lol).I also was told about some waterfalls, so were hoping to see some of them..

Thanks again for the nice welcome..

Jan

And if there is anyone that comes in and reads this from Glasgow,maybe we will see ya at a local pub. We love to meet people!

Comment

Hiya Jan and welcome to Scot.com from me in Aberdeen !!

If you find 'Nessie' be sure to let us know...lololol

Don't forget to look in the 'Travel' forum for things to see and do
            in the areas you are visiting !!

.........go visit Loch Lomond !!

Comment

Hi Babz,

Nice to meet you and thank you for a warm welcome.

I was hoping that someone from Scotland has see that monster,and show us (lol). But if we do happen to stumble on to *Nessie* you'll know it for i'd be screaming so loud and running,i'd probably wake up the dead..(lol)

I was told the ocean is only 30 minutes away no matter what area of Scotland one is visiting. I hope that is true for that is something I would love to see!

Thanks again for the warm welcome..

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by FLShimmer
                and of course we have to check out the loch ness monster (lol)
                Here she is...

remember to wave back

Comment

Hi Talon,

Wow, she's alot smaller then I had imagined and i'd have thought that she would be a different color being that she's been in that river for so long.. lol

BTW, since you found her, do you have a show and tell day? lolol

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Talon
                    and of course we have to check out the loch ness monster (lol)
                    Here she is...

remember to wave back
                    [i]Hi Nessie

HI Nessie from me too

heee heeee

[Edited by Mistress on 1st April 2004 at 16:50]

Comment

Hi,Talon,Kathyv,Mistress,

What a nice welcome, Thank you.

I live in the NorthWest/Panhandle of Florida..Best beaches in Florida are around my area.!

I will be sure to check out the site and see if I can find some from the Glasgow area.We plan on visiting
                      Stirling,Inverness,Highlands,Isle of Sky( I hope thats the way its suppose to be)and lots of castles and of course we have to check out the loch ness monster (lol).I also was told about some waterfalls, so were hoping to see some of them..

Thanks again for the nice welcome..

Jan

And if there is anyone that comes in and reads this from Glasgow,maybe we will see ya at a local pub. We love to meet people!

[i]I was actually just in Florida for a few days. St. Pete's area where my sister lives. I've been there a ton of times.. It has its beautiful areas as well as months.. lol.. but I think I would miss my Cold and Snow too much!.. lol..

Have a great time on your Holiday !

Comment

Hey, Jan. When you do go to Loch Ness, make sure you drive around the Loch to a little place called Invermorriston. It is such a pretty little place and has a lovely old bridge over a beautiful little river. It was one of my favorite places. You can even see some Wee Highland Beasties up close there!

When I was at The Loch the first time I saw 3 monsters there! I even have their pictures!

They were 18, 14 and 12! (My daughter and 2 younger girls on our trip!) LOL

Comment

[i]lol...

Kathy I was gonna ask what wee highland beasties were.. lol.. but I am not assuming children??? lol..

Is there suppose to be a picture there? I cant see it
                          This bridge that your describing sounds wonderful.. I am sure there are many places as this.. but I didn't get up that far when I was there.. I will have to make it a point too next trip

Comment

Hi Talon,

Wow, she's alot smaller then I had imagined and i'd have thought that she would be a different color being that she's been in that river for so long.. lol

BTW, since you found her, do you have a show and tell day? lolol
                            she is much bigger actually...she was just really far away when I took that picture...lol... and I believe its green slime from her lazing about on the bottom of the lake..

and the problem is, is that I often show it but people keep telling on me..lol

And kathy, a canni sea da monsturs neither

Comment

Well that didn't work!

Picture this!

Standing along the side or the road, three lovely monsters, I mean Lassies! A slightly overcast day, beautiful mountians in the background, the 3 lovelies smiling, happy to be visiting this spectacular place. And right behind them, wonder of wonders, would you believe, could it be? NO! YES!....

Loch Ness! {heeheehee}

Wee Highland Beasties = Cattle!

Comment

Working...
                              X