Here to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here to help

I stumbled onto this forum just now. Having moved from The Netherlands to Scotland 8 years ago, maybe I can help out some of you that have still to make the leap, or even have just made it and find yourself as out-of-your-depth as I did (and occasionally still do).

Greetz from Gwap

Hi there Gwap, welcome from Oregon, USA. Where did you 'land' when you moved to Scotland? Where in The Netherlands did you live? I spent an afternoon in Volendam in the rain and it was very nice, even in the rain! Best apple pie I ever tasted!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Thanks for the hearty welcome!

I landed in Largs, which is on the Firth of Clyde. I got a job in Greenock with BigBlue. Before that I studied and live in Leiden, (which I really loved so I took 6 years!) but I was born and raised in Maassluis, which is just west of Rotterdam.

Curious to see you miss apple pie. Not one of the things that would immediately leap to my mind ;-)
      Greetz from Gwap

Comment

Hi Gwap I am pleased that you have joined us as I think you may be able to give
        some good info to those who want to make the move to Scotland.
        I moved to Aberdeen last March from England, Largs was one of the places we
        considered !!

Comment

Working...
        X