Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Hello! Hello!

Hi from California! YAY! I'm headed across the waters in the
    autumn for my first-of many, I hope-trip to Scotland, going with a close friend and we're kind of debating Aberdeen or Edinburgh...OMGOSH, I can't wait!

can I ask.....

Originally posted by Knightsbridge
    Hi from California! YAY! I'm headed across the waters in the
    autumn for my first-of many, I hope-trip to Scotland, going with a close friend and we're kind of debating Aberdeen or Edinburgh...OMGOSH, I can't wait!

why not Glasgow?

Anyway enjoy your visit!

Comment

Hiya Knightsbridge and welcome to Scotland.com

How long are you coming over for and where are you landing at, if Glasgow
      you could visit there first, then Edinburgh and then last but not least
      you can call in here at Aberdeen. All three places have loads to see !!

Comment

Hi, Babz and Marti33,
        WOW...thanks for your welcome*shucks*We're looking at 10 days-2 weeks. I'm*blushes*kind of a Geek as far as History and coughtheparanormalcough go, so Edinburgh's history during Bonny Prince Charlie's rebellion kind of had my ears perked, as well as Grayfriar's kirkyard, but we do plan on doing a bit of travelling while we're there as long as the Burrs flow thick, the food's hot and the darts aren't electronic*LOL*

Knightsbridge

Comment

Hi there Knightsbridge, welcome from Oregon!

Where ever you go you will have a great time. It's a beautiful place.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Thanks,Kathyv, I'm really looking forward to this

Comment

Well hello to you too and welcome from another Californian. Look around the boards, you'll meet lots of interesting folks here.

Dee

Comment

Thanks, Dee...I feel really comfy here. If I may ask, where in Cal are ya?

Drew

Comment

Sorry it took a day to reply, but Sunday is NO COMPUTER DAY at home. I lived in Pasadena up until a couple of years ago. I'm currently living in Valinda, which is west of Los Angeles.

Comment

Thanks, Dee,I'm a bit south and east of San Diego. Hey! No need to apologize, Hun...its a given that you need to spend time with your family

Comment

San Diego hum... I was just down there last week. I finally got to see the sights there last year when my sister and I took a couple of days off for vacation. Took one of those Hornblower tours, it was really fun. Also went to the Wild Animal park and Sea World. Are you in the military btw?

Comment

*DANG*I'm retired Navy. The Hornblower tours are great as are the WAP, Zoo and Seaworld...did you make it into Hillcrest or Seaport Village?

Comment

Unfortunately we were only there for a couple of days so we didn't get around to Hillcrest or the Seaport Village. I know one shouldn't assume that just because you live in San Diego means that you are in military. It just turns out that most of the people I've met from the the San Diego area have connections to the military.

Dee

Comment

Sorry for the delay

Sorry for the delay, Dee, work's turning me into a nutter.

Not at all...you were presuming and as it turned out you were right, I did my Basic out here but grew up in NY. Me mate bailed on me as far as the trip goes, so pushing it back to the spring of next year...maybe a few days in Dublin, as well as Glasgow and Edinburgh

Comment

Working...
                            X