Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again

Hi Real-Highlander,
    Well I'm glad you got the directions that you wanted, for some reason I have a hard time posting which means you got LUCKY. If I would have given them to you I would have probably gotten you lost seeing as I'm good at that. (getting lost) Oh yea, and the fact that I'm origanilly from Texas I've only been here a few years though you would think that was enough time for me to figure out how to get to where I'm going! But enough on that I can tell you Orlando is ok if your going to Disney or one of the theme parks, I myself am going to Disney next month my younger sister is competing in a cheerleading competition. But if you like to party which it sounds like you do I suggest Tampa or Miami those are the only places I know of I live in a little town 3 hrs from Orlando, 2 hrs from Tampa and 2 hrs from Miami I can enjoy all 3 places I live right in the middle of them. So you say you r coming to work wk on what? (If you don't mind me asking.) Well don't work to hard enjoy yourself here hope you have fun!!

Jacqueline

P.S It's going to be hot over here so make sure you have the right clothes and sunscreen.
    JacquelineC

Comment

Hi jacquline,
      Where 'bouts do you live, I'm guessing the Ft Meyers , Naples area, and what part of TX do you hail from. I live in Houston, but really prefer the smaller towns and country life. Oh well, have to make a living some how.

Now for R_H,
      I was wrong about I-75 from Savanna to Atlanta, but the major freeway there going NW will take you to it just the same, I believe it's I-375, not real sure though. I recall someone saying to go to New Orleans, YES, you've got to take the time to make a trip there, but it is a somewhat of a long drive, however the nightlife, jazz clubs and the cajun food, are out of this world.
      I hope this is helping,
      Later, and have a good day
      BillR

Comment

Aye

Originally posted by Real_Highlander
        Hi Jacqueline, Hogmanay is the New year celebrations in Scotland Starting on the 31st of December and for some of us it can end up lasting about 3 or 4 days, I eventually found myself home on the 2nd or 3rd of January, cant honestly remember exactly, probably got something to do with all the alchohol that was consumed, lol! I usually go out first footin after the bells and then just follow the party trail until I end up back at home.If you ever get the chance you should get yerself over to the Edinburgh hogmanay party, I've never been down to it before but I am planning it next year to see what all the fuss is about , as a lot of people seem to make their way to Edinburgh for it and it seems to be getting bigger every year.

Edinburgh's party is good so long as you like:

1. Walking about the streets freezing cold.
        2. No toilets that work, the Portaloos don't and the pubs are ticket only.
        3. Carrying your carry oot about with you.
        4. Not being able to properly hear any music unless you are near a stage.
        5. Not being able to get back to hotel cause of lack of taxis.

This is not just Edinburgh, I jusy compare street parties to sitting in the house with loads of friends, in front of the fire with the TV on and partying till whenever.

You will like it if you are the type who likes outdoor festivals etc.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by GWR53
          Hi jacquline,
          Where 'bouts do you live, I'm guessing the Ft Meyers , Naples area, and what part of TX do you hail from. I live in Houston, but really prefer the smaller towns and country life. Oh well, have to make a living some how.

Now for R_H,
          I was wrong about I-75 from Savanna to Atlanta, but the major freeway there going NW will take you to it just the same, I believe it's I-375, not real sure though. I recall someone saying to go to New Orleans, YES, you've got to take the time to make a trip there, but it is a somewhat of a long drive, however the nightlife, jazz clubs and the cajun food, are out of this world.
          I hope this is helping,
          Later, and have a good day
          Hi yes actually I live in a small town between Ft.Myers and Naples it's Called Immokalee. Oh, in Tx I lived in a smaller town called Elsa home of nthe Mighty Yellow Jackets!!!! N-e-ways it's in the Valley near Harlingen. I also prefer smaller towns.

JacquelineC

Comment

Re: Aye

Originally posted by Marti33
            Hi Jacqueline, Hogmanay is the New year celebrations in Scotland Starting on the 31st of December and for some of us it can end up lasting about 3 or 4 days, I eventually found myself home on the 2nd or 3rd of January, cant honestly remember exactly, probably got something to do with all the alchohol that was consumed, lol! I usually go out first footin after the bells and then just follow the party trail until I end up back at home.If you ever get the chance you should get yerself over to the Edinburgh hogmanay party, I've never been down to it before but I am planning it next year to see what all the fuss is about , as a lot of people seem to make their way to Edinburgh for it and it seems to be getting bigger every year.

Edinburgh's party is good so long as you like:

1. Walking about the streets freezing cold.
            2. No toilets that work, the Portaloos don't and the pubs are ticket only.
            3. Carrying your carry oot about with you.
            4. Not being able to properly hear any music unless you are near a stage.
            5. Not being able to get back to hotel cause of lack of taxis.

This is not just Edinburgh, I jusy compare street parties to sitting in the house with loads of friends, in front of the fire with the TV on and partying till whenever.

You will like it if you are the type who likes outdoor festivals etc.
            Sounds like fun all of it!! Really it does.
            JacquelineC

Comment

Re: Hi

Originally posted by JacquelineC
              [ Hi yes actually I live in a small town between Ft.Myers and Naples it's Called Immokalee. Oh, in Tx I lived in a smaller town called Elsa home of nthe Mighty Yellow Jackets!!!! N-e-ways it's in the Valley near Harlingen. I also prefer smaller towns.

[/B]
              Hi Jacqueline,
              It really is a small world. I know where and have been through Immokalee a few times, but what really makes it small is the fact that I'm originally from Mission, not too far from Elsa.
              I hope all are well, and this rain doesn't get to ruin your weekend as its trying to do mine.
              Have a good day and weekend
              BillR

Comment

After all your good advice about georgia they've gone and sent me out to Kentucky instead! Anybody got any good advice about that area, places to see, things to do etc. I only know one thing about Kentucky and that is they do some good fried chicken.

Comment

Morning R_H,
                  Well let's see if we can find something for you to do in Kentucky. It's beautiful country up there, will probably remind you a bit of the Highlands in Scotland. However the lifestyle will be very different. Do you know yet in which part of Kentucky that you'll be going to?
                  If you happen to be close to Lexington, then you'll have more possibilites;
                  1) I-75 North will take you to Cincinatti, Ohio home of the Cincinatti Reds, an American Baseball team, and you might be able to catch a game or two.
                  2) Lexington itself is horse country and home of one of the most famous races, the Kentucky Derby.
                  3) A couple hour drive east on the Blue Grass Parkway and south on I-65 will tke you into Tennesse, and Nashville, the capital of country music, and they also have a professional American Football team. Matter of factly the one team that I grew up with watching and cheering for, but then they were sold and moved up there.

There are many famous places and things to see in Kentucky if you know where to look. I'll do some checking for you.

I hope that you enjoy your stay in my country, as much as I did in yours.
                  BillR

Comment

Re: Re: Hi

Originally posted by GWR53
                    Originally posted by JacquelineC
                    [ Hi yes actually I live in a small town between Ft.Myers and Naples it's Called Immokalee. Oh, in Tx I lived in a smaller town called Elsa home of nthe Mighty Yellow Jackets!!!! N-e-ways it's in the Valley near Harlingen. I also prefer smaller towns.

Hi Jacqueline,
                    It really is a small world. I know where and have been through Immokalee a few times, but what really makes it small is the fact that I'm originally from Mission, not too far from Elsa.
                    I hope all are well, and this rain doesn't get to ruin your weekend as its trying to do mine.
                    Have a good day and weekend [/B]
                    Yea your right it is a small world I've been to Missionn a few times actually just pass thruto get to Reynosa usually when we go party.
                    JacquelineC

Comment

After all your good advice about georgia they've gone and sent me out to Kentucky instead! Anybody got any good advice about that area, places to see, things to do etc. I only know one thing about Kentucky and that is they do some good fried chicken.
                      Sorry I don't know much about Kentucky, I had a freind stationed there once and he seemed to enjoy it. Well I hope you have fun!!

Jackie
                      JacquelineC

Comment

Ha! That's a bummer! I don't know a thing about Kentucky.
                        I hear the fried chicken is decent though ...

Comment

Working...
                        X