Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!

Just joined the club!

A bit about us: We live in Waco, TX now where I am attending college. Haven't been to Scotland in 20 years, but loved the month I spent there. I have promised my 8 year old daughter I'll take her in the future. I'm separated so we're beginning again ~ just the girls.
    Love to hear from anyone!

Nessa

Hello, DragonflyKisst! Greetings from Glasgow, and welcome to Scotland.com.

So, where did you visit when you last came here? And I am glad you enjoyed it so much.

I hope your daughter is looking forward to the promised trip - though a kid brought up in Texas might find our weather a shock! Tee hee hee.

What do you study at college? Me, I am unemployed scum at present, so I'm impressed at you going to college and looking after child too.

Welcome again, and do have fun exploring all the different fora - we will look forward to hearing more from you.

Comment

Hi Celyn!

Thanks for the welcome!

It would be easier to list where I didn't go. I had a BritRail pass and a Bed & Breakfast book with listings in every town.
      I was in Edinburgh for the Military Tattoo. Then I explored everything between the border and Skye for the entire month of September. The heather was in bloom, the weather was gorgeous, and the people were friendly. The tourist crush was over, so many times I was the only guest at the B&Bs.

My daughter has been begging for a trip to Scotland since she was 2. I keep telling her we will go. I just want her to remember it. Of course, if it is all a blur in a few years a return trip wouldn't be a bad thing... LOL

I'm taking courses to be a webmaster. I know a bit about graphics, but I want to be able to do all my own web design also.

Fair warning ~ I'm not shy!

Comment

Hi Nessa!

Welcome to the community Nessa. Im Anger a Swedish guy whos surfing the net to find a few friends to talk to. Maybe you could be one of them?
        Mail me if you like.
        Bye from Anger
        Im just a kind of crazy Swede

Comment

Hi there DragonflyKisst! Welcome from Oregon! Cute name! Glad to hear you are not shy, you will fit right in! LOL

I took my daughter to Scotland when she graduated from High School we had a ball and she will always remember it! You have a good plan there.

Celyn, unemployed scum! I love it! Me too! heeheehee

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

welcome Dragonflykisst

Hi I'm holly. I have started over too!!!

Good to see you are looking forward to things. I hope you enjoy dreaming your new dreams and learning new things, and that we get a chance to chat real soon.

holly

Comment

Chat

Thanks for the welcome HollyElise, kathyv & Anger!

I've updated my signature to include my chat nicknames so if you see I'm online come say Hello!
              I'm a newbie at that too, so bear with me as I get up to speed.

I'm "unemployed scum" too! At least for the remainder of the semester, but beginning in Jan. I can work on campus around my scheduled classes.

Comment

Hello DragonflyKisst

I'm unemployed/house mom/Antiques dealer with ebay/scum. Someday I would like to take my family to see Scotland too. It would be our first trip abroad but I don't see it happening in the near future. We really need to save our money but it's hard when you live from paycheck to paycheck.

If you like looking at pictures/web cams of scotland, go to http://www.camvista.com I find this web site to be a real teaser.
                Times spent together are never wasted..

Comment

Hi IceLass!

Thanks for the webcam site! Now I have to remember to visit when it's not the middle of the night.

And piecing my money together for another trip to Scotland is so much harder with a family than when I was single. That's why it's been 20 years...

Comment

Originally posted by DragonflyKisst
                    Just joined the club!

A bit about us: We live in Waco, TX now where I am attending college. Haven't been to Scotland in 20 years, but loved the month I spent there. I have promised my 8 year old daughter I'll take her in the future. I'm separated so we're beginning again ~ just the girls.
                    Love to hear from anyone!

Nessa
                    Sorry to be so late to welcome you! I just went today to sign the divorce papers, so I know all about starting over. I live in shreveport, La with my two little boys. I am also on college. I am getting my AD in nursing, it will take about two years. When I'm done though, I am planning a trip to Scotland. I have wanted to go since High School.If it's alright with you, I'll put you on my AIM. My AIM is jamejame20.

Comment

Hi Jamie!

Definitely put me on your list. I'll do the same.
                      Good luck on your degree! I'm in a 2 year program also. I already had some coursework behind me so I transferred everything I could. I'm hoping to be done by next December and start off '04 with more job offers than I can shake a stick at!

Comment

****Scotland****

Someday I would like to travel to Scotland too. My husband gets giddy sometimes, when he thinks about it. I would like to get a vacation home over there and pay any bills on it from North Carolina where we live. My husband and I would love to retire there also.
                        We watched a story on t.v. were couples in their 40's moved to Scotland and restarted their restraunt businesses in Scotland or bought run down castles and rebuilt them. Can you imagine building a castle and then living in it? Maybe even letting out a few rooms to tourests?? I think that would be so exciting!!!
                        Unfortunately, none of this will happen unless my husband and his best friend of 15+ years, get some courage up and fullfill their dreams. They both have always wanted to own their own business. I hope they make it come true!
                        I'm happy to say that I haven't needed to get a divorce and start over. I have an excellent husband and he's a awesome daddy!

Times spent together are never wasted..

Comment

You are ver fortunate to have a good husband. I am very happy for you!

Comment

Working...
                          X