New Member From The US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member From The US

Am enjoying reading all the posts. This is a wonderful site. Am looking for ancestors, history of the Clans and traditions. Would love to visit Scotland one day.Tis my dream of all dreams
    In Dreams, I can live the ancient days.

Sharon

Hi there Sharon52, welcome from Oregon, USA! Where are you from? Surf around the topics and you will find a lot of your interests here! I hope you do get to visit Scotland someday, save your money and go, it is really well worth the effort and not as expensive as you might think.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Reply to Kathyv

I am living in Mathews Virginia. Was raised in Yorktown, Virginia. I am trying to search my father's geneology on his Fathers side. Am trying to find out where is father come from and have no records after 1852,his birth. I have heard the name Thompson is either, Irish,Welsh,Scotish and just found information it may even be Norman. Have never heard of Norman people. But I love the Scotish history,lore,and feel there are roots there somehow.So here I am. How about you? Sounds like you have been to Scotland.What was it like. Sometimes I wish I could just step back in time and relive those days of yore.I may not be there but it is here with me in my heart. That's what counts.
      In Dreams, I can live the ancient days.

Sharon

Comment

I have been there twice. 4 years ago and again this past June. It is fantastic! The history, the scenery, the people, wonderful!

My family are from Londonderry, Ireland, Bath England, somewhere in Scotland, (my Uncle thinks Aberdeen but is still researching it!) Brecon Wales, Sowerby Yorkshire and somewhere in Germany. (He's not quite that far down the roots yet!) Interestingly, the Welsh side of the family settled in Virginia, around Montecello and that area.

Comment

Hello, Sharon52. Greetings from Glasgow and welcome to Scotland.com.

As for Thomsons and Thompsons, well I think you find that name all over the U.K. Still, good luck in tracking yours down.

(Re. Normans - the Norman French invaded England in 1066).

Comment

hello

hi my name is jeannie Frances
            I working on a project for school and i have to find a family that is not related to my for my work if you can help me thanks. by for now jeannie
            Jeannie Frances

Comment

Hi there francesjeannie, welcome to s.com! I made a copy of your post and put it in the INN as I think you will get more responses. You might check on it there. Good luck on your school project.

Comment

Working...
              X