Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wanted to say "hello"

Hey everybody,
    I just became a new member here and wanted to say "hello"....
    I'm from Germany but except for my fondness of beer there is nothing really german about me( I've been living in Brazil for a while and so I mostly live the brazilian way of life).
    I've always been crazy about Scotland and that's why I'm here...hope I'll get to know lots of people(I'm quiet sure of that) and I'm looking forward to chatting to all of you!

Hi Tinoca,
    Welcome to the forum! I think you'll enjoy it. I'm from Rochester, New York and also have a deep interest in Scotland. See you around the board.
    Gwen

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I new also and from Calgary Alberta Canada. I would love to visit Scotland!!!

Again, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers,

Themis380

Live Life to the Fullest!!!

Comment

Hiya tinoca and welcome to our happy home here at Scotland.com !!

I, like most of the members here have a love for Scotland, more
        than most, as I was the only one in my family not born there, but
        good news I am moving up there before the year ends, leaving
        the rest
        of the family in England...lol !!

See you around the boards soon !!

Comment

Howdy newbies.

Calgary eh Themis? from Edmonton area myself lol

Comment

Oh Goody!

Hello there! I hope you sit down with us and stay a spell..but you gotta watch Mamie's spells...you better be real clear when you ask for things lol!
            So you guys are from Alberta...I live in BC, so I'll warn you about the big earthquake and you warn me about when the snow is coming..I love Alberta all that clear clean mountain air! I miss it. I used to visit my great aunt she lived in Stony Plains. A warm welcome once again and we hope to see you posting on the boards!
            [QUOTE]Originally posted by Mamie
            What is the use of intelligence when one lacks compassion for the life around oneself? And what is the point of beauty, when one's heart isn't one's loveliest feature?

Comment

So tell me Wild do you need a healing spell for that cold? or will you just suffer through it (best actually)

BC Wild now why did I think you were a statesider lol. Where in my Beautiful BC are you ? Stony Plain is only 5 - 10 minutes from my house.

PS snow? I saw some on Tuesday the wet kind of almost white flakes but almost rain kind but still snow.

Comment

I'm in

Raincouver lol! (Vancouver) as for the Stateside my parents were American and my grandmother came from Scotland so I grew up amidst a hodgepodge of US/Britisisms and let us not forget my Irish father..., I still spell 'American' ie color instead of colour when I don't stop and think...I feel like a platypus with one foot in several countries which is how most North Americans feel no doubt lol! You guys will beat us to the ski hills you lucky bums! At any rate I am toughing this one out...but will be dreaming up wicked toddies if it gets any worse lol!

What is the use of intelligence when one lacks compassion for the life around oneself? And what is the point of beauty, when one's heart isn't one's loveliest feature?

Comment

Ah Vancouver and rain. I miss home now.

Too bad I don't ski!

Comment

Me neither

I gave it up they say your bones break easier as you age and since I wear the trees more than the hills wear me I have become an aider and abetter...one who dares others to risk their necks...while I sit in the wingchair before the fireplace holding a drink looking through the window from the lodge..with my binoculars lol! And wait for the Raclette to melt...home misses you too! You'd be fun aiding and abetting partner lol!

Comment

Oh yes the Raclette and hot toddies sound good.

Grouse Mountain or Whistler?

Comment

Grouse

Though they are improving the road to Whistler as they are hoping to host the games. Which will be a sigh of relief lovely country treacherous sea to sky highway. I go up to the hotsprings, St Agnes Well..up past Squamsquish (Squamish) you can see the lava in the cracks of the rocks...ok maybe earthquake and then volcano after all Mt Baker is only the 3rd Mountain up from Mt St Helens and is blowable, though Seattle's is more active than ours I heard ours is steaming more the last couple of years too...eep! Less pondering more toddies I say! Especially with this cold..thinking hurts me head lol!

Comment

Ranier is more active than Baker? it is? I have seen steam from Baker but never Ranier lol.

Okay Baker Ranier then what Hood? after what used to be St Helens Shasta? I remember a really nasty April snow storm around Mt Shasta. I go to California for Easter and is is the coldest April in Sacramento in something like 80 years arrrghhhh!

Comment

oops

did I forget a mountain or 2 lol!? Well that is what a cold does, yes Seattle will have problems first, I hope not though as it is my favorite daydrive ...I love Pike's Market and the World of Spice store..my spice cupboard is growing by leaps and bounds..I discovered Sumac, the Iranians use it on hamburger etc. I make a swedish meatball mix and flatten it out and put sumac on top, then once it is cooked in the oven I cut it up and serve it on Pita bread with Tzadziki sauce...so I've gone totally ethnic the last 5 years and will never return to normal again lol! I didn't put this in the food section as I don't want to be responsible for my concoctions lol! I changed the legendary hummous recipe too..at any rate the Spice store is so cute all those oak barrels and bulk spices it reminds me of a cross between a frontier store a hundred years ago and a Souk on the caravansai route and the smell is yummy...

Comment

Hello, tinoca. Greetings from Glasgow and welcome to Scotland.com.

Wild In Tent's post is making me hungry, so off I go. I hope we will hear from you around the message boards!

Comment

Working...
                              X