Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am a Christian and I love talking about my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am not a sinner basher, because I used to be one.
    I look forward to meeting other Christians along the way.

grannymom

grannymom

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

All non-bashers are welcome here grannymom.

I am not a Christian but as long as you can accept we all have our own path to follow you will find fellowship here.

Check out the religion forum for like minded people.

Comment

Welcome to the boards grannymom! Where do you live? I live in Oregon, USA. You used to be what? A sinner basher or a sinner? Even as a Christian I am still a sinner because I am human. The only difference now is that I have His grace to save my soul.

I look forward to chatting with you more!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

To: One Big Bad Momma

What is the higher power that you submit to?
        grannymom

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Comment

I do not "submit" to any diety but I honour the God/Goddess of the Universe.

My prayers I direct or rather I focus my will to Gaia the earth goddess.

Comment

To: kathyv

I have learned to mortify the things (habits, sickness, things that my flesh enjoyed doing before I got saved)of my flesh daily. I am not a sinner anymore. I am come from the land of darkness (sin) and have been translated into the kingdom of God's dear. I feed my "new man" the Word of God so that the old nature (which remembers my sinful life)will no longer lead me. If any man is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things (the sinful life) is past away; look! all things are become brand new. God no longer sees us as sinners! He sees us as the righteousness of Christ. The battle is for the mind which is why Romans 12 tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. As a man thinks, so is he. If I think that I am a sinner still, then I don't understand God's original intent when He provided salvation through His Son. I think we have a problem understanding that kind of LOVE.

Hope to hear from you, kathyv
            Let's talk

With Love and in His Service,
            grannymom

[email protected]

http://www.alphaomegabiblestudy.com

grannymom

Comment

Who is the goddess Gaia? I have hever heard of her. From where did she come?
              grannymom

Comment

Oh dear I will have to do some research to answer that question.

Off the top of my head I can't remember who first called the Earth that particular name.

Many pagan religions honour the earth as a goddess tho. Or as the Great Mother but all gods are aspects of the Universal divine spirit in my belief.

Can I get back to you on Gaia? If you are really interested that is?

Comment

Isn't she celtic or druid in origin? I remember reading some ancient Irish mythology/folk stories a long time ago and it seems like Gaia was mentioned.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

So she is Greek goddess originally but in my view an Earth goddess as per Lovelock

How the Gaia Hypothesis was so named ...
                    So it was then that Dr James Lovelock, in looking for the evidence of extra-terrestrial life on Mars, observed the Earth as might an extra-terrestrial, and began to formulate a method of explanation as to why the Earth appeared therefore to be not so much a planet adorned with diverse life forms, but a planet which had been transfigured and transformed by a self-evolving and self-regulating living system. In view of the nature of this activity, Earth seemed to qualify as a living being its own right. And so the hypothesis took its initial form.
                    And as the story goes, while on a walk in the countryside about his home in Wilshire, England, Lovelock described his hypothesis to his neighbour William Golding (the novelist - eg: Lord of the Flies), and asked advise concerning a suitable name for it.The resultant term "Gaia" - after the Greek goddess who drew the living world forth from Chaos - was chosen.

Thus the Gaia Hypothesis was first postulated.

However, there was a big difference between postulating such a grand schemed hypothesis and having it accepted by the traditional scientific community, and there remained much research work to be done in order to be able to more clearly specify the entirety of the processes by which the modern planetary atmosphere had been evolved and was continuing to be evolved. And in this task, in the early years of his further research concerning the Gaia hypothesis, Lovelock was supported by the collaboration of Dr Lynn Margulis, a leading and forward thinking American microbiologist.

Comment

Mamie:

I can feel the presence of God by the Holy Spirit in me and I know that He is real! It is not something that somebody told me. And I have known that He is real since August 1, 1985.

How do you know that Gaia is real? Tell me, not what someone else has said,. . .but how do YOU know that Gaia is real?

With Love, grannymom

grannymom

Comment

The same way you know your God is real - in my heart and soul in faith.

Comment

Working...
                        X