Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found this site while looking around other Scots sites and thought I would give it a try so far it seems to be 1 of the best, so I would like to say hello to all members

...Hi John, welcome to this great site. I am sure you will find something to interest you somewhere on the boards. There are quite a few characters popping in every now and again and on the whole the membership is quite helpful. Don't worry about making any mistakes as I'm sure no-one will haul you over the coals for any you make. Any criticism
    will generally be of a helpful nature. The main thing is to have fun and I am sure you will. Hope to see you posting with a relish in the near future. Catch you around on the boards...

Comment

Hello John and welcome to S.com
      Hope you enjoy your self and like Doddy says just have fun.
      Hope to see you around

Comment

Hello, johnmcclymontand welcome to Scotland.com. I hope you have lots of fun here!

Comment

Hi John and greetings from England, I do hope that you will stay
          and chat with us in the other forums also !!

Where are you from ??

See you soon I hope !!

Comment

Hi there John! Welcome to the site! Nice to meet you.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

thanks for the welcome and I will enjoy myself once I get used to the boards and find my way around this whole thing is fairly new to me

I am originally from Glasgow but now living and working in london for the past 19 years

Comment

Hi John,
                I'm new to all of this too! I see that you are from Glasgow, have you ever heard of Lanarkshire? Do you know where it is? I have been looking for some of my ancestors that came from that area so hopefully S.com will be able to help me in that area. Hope that you enjoy yourself at this site, I think that everyone is most helpful. Blessings, candy

Comment

In all things, remember who is in charge!!Originally posted by candybrycehelmbold
                  Hi John,
                  I'm new to all of this too! I see that you are from Glasgow, have you ever heard of Lanarkshire? Do you know where it is? I have been looking for some of my ancestors that came from that area so hopefully S.com will be able to help me in that area. Hope that you enjoy yourself at this site, I think that everyone is most helpful. Blessings, candy [/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

Failte

Fae Candy
                    I'm new to all of this too! I see that you are from Glasgow, have you ever heard of Lanarkshire? Do you know where it is?
                    Hi johnmcclymont I'm a Glaswegian, Shettleston born & bred. Welcome to S.com
                    Candy Lanarkshire is where I live now. It is just south of Glasgow. I live about 20 miles from my birth place.
                    100% Air a dhèanamh ann an Alba.

Comment

candy

Here's a clickable regional map of Scotland:-
                      http://www.trp.dundee.ac.uk/data/cou...ewregions.html
                      Lanarkshire is divided into two regions- North Lanarkshire & South Lanarkshire. They are located East and South of Glasgow. Hope this helps.

Comment

Some more Scots yippee. (Even if you do live in England)

A Canadian myself but my dad was born in Scotland.

Welcome to S.com

Comment

Mamie,
                          No I haven't figured out how to post quotes yet I keep messing that up. Got any suggestions? Thank You for any help that you can give. Where bouts in Canada are you? Most of my cousins and relation are around Sarnia, Watford, Wyoming, etc. although I do have some scattered hither and tither all over Canada and in the USA. Bryce Canyon in Utah is named for one of my ancestors.

Comment

Wow, the surprises one finds here - I had not known that Lowlander was from Shettleston. I used to live in Budhill, just north of Shettleston train station!

Candy You should be able to quote by hitting "QUOTE" instead of "REPLY". And do not feel silly, 'cos I usually mess up and have to try it twice! If you DO mess up, you are able to delete it or edit it, which is nice.

It can actually be a good idea to write you reply in a word-processor, just in case the nasty internet gremlins eat it! That can be really annoying.

Comment

Hullo Celyn, I know Budhill well, A used tae walk up tae ma grannies hoose in Barlanark, and a wid cross o'er the wee bridge at the station.
                              Still drive through Budhill occasionaly as my wife's family are from Barlanark.
                              A used tae live on Shettleston road, near the gushet. Still see Shettleston as 'home' though

Comment

Working...
                              X