New Member Board is dying, slowly but surely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Board is dying, slowly but surely

It seems like no one new is joining. I remember when I signed up there was lots of new people. Oh Well... it's sad. i'll go tell some friends about it and maybe they'll join.

Later

CaptainK

Don't worry captainK,

i'm sure Scotland.com will get more new members...and KEEP them, if the moderators don't go berserker on them the first time they post on a board. For some reason they sometimes forget that new members ARE...NEW MEMBERS!

Comment

Re: Don't worry captainK,

Originally posted by doodle269
      i'm sure Scotland.com will get more new members...and KEEP them, if the moderators don't go berserker on them the first time they post on a board. For some reason they sometimes forget that new members ARE...NEW MEMBERS!
      We are getting new members everyday it is just that they don't always
      post in here !!

doodle...I don't remember any moderator going 'beserk' with any new
      members at all.

It took me ages to post in here when I did join and maybe others are
      doing the same !!

What I have seen is advice being given and on the whole good advice.
      It is comments like yours that new members read and wonder what they
      have joined !!

Comment

Hey! I am a new member and I joined a couple of weeks or more so ago. What I am sad about is that I don't seem to get many responses from people. Am I that boring? However, I have found the moderators to be absolutely wonderful and always take time to welcome the new members. I think that is great!

Rosemary

Comment

Responses

I am finding out that you have to post in something other than the New Mem. section to get lots of responses

Cheers

Comment

Hey I am NEW, I joined, Talk to me!!!
            LOL

PURPLEJAMBA

As you think, So shall you be

Comment

Yep yep

ya gotta join in on the existing threads in the other forums too. There has to be one or two that might tickle your fancy

We don't mean to be unfriendly but it can be hard to keep up with everything. So we tend to go to our favourite places on the boards and keep up with the people we alreay know. That doesn't mean we will bite...unless you want us to hehe.

Comment

to RyadovoyKokoilin

Is that a line from a hymn, that is on your posts at the bottom? Its nice; what's the title?

And I hope there will be new members for a long time to come; this has become my favorite place to discuss things!

Susan

Comment

Keep The Flame Burning...

Well,

I just joined and was greeted in very friendly fashion by the moderator. Made me feel quite welcome.

Maybe the membership is more of a spark right now than a conflagration, but as long as the match doesn't go out, then, as Jesse Jackson says, "Keep hope alive!"

Morning, everyone. Or, evening, to others.

Comment

Hey it is summer

not everyone wants to sit in front of a computer on the last few days of summer.

The Flame is Alive!

Comment

Summer!!
                      Yes I remember that, it was a day last week.

Comment

I am new here had I recived a great welcome from the moderators. I had no idea the kind of response I woud get on my first post. But it was a good one!

Hi mamie!

[Edited by ricka on 2nd September 2002 at 02:01]

Comment

Okay Ricka - hints please. From a northern or a southern country say relative to France. From which of these do I know you lol.

Comment

You are getting warmer Mamie!lol

Comment

I figured it out from April's thread, Nice to see you here Norine.

Have fun with this risque bunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X