Rugby????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby????

I was convinced to join the school girls rugby team. Does anyone have a clue how to play? I've only played American football, and I know there are similarities.
    Any replies would be helpful.
    Thanatos//
    "..and therefor never send to know for whom the BELL tolls; it tolls for THEE."

It's quite similar to American football. You pick up the ball, run as fast as you can, jump on the head of anyone who tries to take the ball away from you and, if you manage to cross the opposition's line without multiple injuries, ou've scored some points. If you are American, you might want to compete the prices of different private health insurance companies and look closely at the policy.
    Apart from that it is a gentleman's sport

Comment

"GENTLEMAN'S SPORT"????!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? That doesn't sound very gentle. Are you serious about checking my health insurance, or was that a joke? I've seen part of a game on TV and I'm not sure if that isn't a valid statement. It seems kinda logical and precautionary.
      Thanatos//
      "..and therefor never send to know for whom the BELL tolls; it tolls for THEE."

Comment

Knowing the way women play sport I would think that womens rugby is harder than mens rugby. If female rugby players are similar to those I used to play hockey against in mixed games then best of luck Thanatos.
        At least in American football you get to wear the padded suits - in rugby its the tooth guard and a wee helmet if you are lucky.
        "Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled, Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
        Welcome to your gory bed, Or to victorie! "

Comment

I come from the rugbiest city in the rugbiest country in the world. The New Zealand Black Ferns Womens Rugby Team won the world cup beating USA 60-5. In New Zealand there are more injuries per capita playing soccer than rugby.
          BONES HEAL!!!

mrbody

Comment

than
            try
            http://www.rugbee.com
            willie

Comment

Rugby is a great game. In the past 5 years of playing, I have had mild concusion once. It is a very safe game as long as the rules are followed, that and it's brilliant fun.

Ar you watching any of the lions games?
              Feros Ferio - I am fierce with the fierce

Comment

i love rugby
                willie

Comment

National Champs!

Thought I share something here and it has to due with rugby. You see, I am attending in a 4 year university and rugby has change our outlooks on campus. Our women's Division II college rugby won the National Rugby Championship beating out teams like Penn State, Navy, Stanford, Cal Berekley which are ranked in the top ten in the nation. I admired our women's team and of course, people are recognizing us as a top team to beat in the next year National Rugby Championship. P.S. I luv the women with one tooth missing. My kind of girl....
                  F.

Comment

cool
                    willie
                    who let maddog out

Comment

on Rugby

There are Rugby teams in the U.S. for both male and female. Are you gentle or a hard player?

Comment

an offer u cant refuse!

any1 want my spare ticket 4 scotland v ireland in the 6 nations
                        e-mail me on maddog_mcclaymore@yahoo.co.uk
                        willie

Comment

retired Scottish rugby players

Does anyone know if their is a website that would have archives or pictures of Scottish rugby players from the 80's?

Comment

tcg,

ty for your post .

try : http://www.sru.org.uk/ or
                            http://www.scottishrugby.com/

All the best
                            Joachim
                            ________

The German with the independent mind

Comment

no luck

The archives did not go past 2000 on the web site. Anyother suggestions. Any newletters on line, libraries, or clubs that might have players from the 80's.
                              Thanks for helping me on my quest,

Comment

Working...
                              X