Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Euro 2004

    Hi all,

    Despite the anti-english feeling displayed on these message boards......just wondered if any Scots will be rooting for England this Euro 2004?
    What the H*ll happened to democracy?

  • #2
    i do tend towards being

    a little anti-english.

    However I will be rooting for them in Euro 2004, i am not that anti-english.

    Comment


    • #3
      Good to know Marti...........guess you are the only one!!
      What the H*ll happened to democracy?

      Comment


      • #4
        Nah not realy, we just get a wee bit upset when people call "US" English!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I will be rooting for An Englisg defeat
          .


          .

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh no! We need your support otherwise we can't even contemplate going far in the tournament! Please!

            I'd return the anti-scots sentiment and support whoever your playing in Euro 2004 but...I can't.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ahh

              Sorry to but in on the conversation but...
              The english wont win
              but ill root for them anyway

              hehe

              Ahh who knows they might

              Comment


              • #8
                I think my point is we don't need or want you to root for us. Would seem rather hypocritical at the end of the day.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have nothing against the England team, or the supporters, or the English in general. It's just your media I cannot stand, and the fact that they pretend to be UK-wide media, and they are distributed/broadcast throughout the UK, and yet they are so blatantly, chauvinistically, insensitively English. As the only way of wiping the smug grins off their faces and shutting them up is for England to lose, I want England to lose. If the media were different, I'd be different. Until then... 2-1 ya bass! Allez les grenouilles, a bas les rosbeuffs.

                  I don't expect many English posters to get it, but every single Scot, Welshman, Irishman reading this will know just what I'm talking about.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If they'll play the next 2 games like they played yesterday you're wish will be granted and England will be at home in a week. hahaha

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Neil_Caple
                      I have nothing against the England team, or the supporters, or the English in general. It's just your media I cannot stand, and the fact that they pretend to be UK-wide media, and they are distributed/broadcast throughout the UK, and yet they are so blatantly, chauvinistically, insensitively English. As the only way of wiping the smug grins off their faces and shutting them up is for England to lose, I want England to lose. If the media were different, I'd be different. Until then... 2-1 ya bass! Allez les grenouilles, a bas les rosbeuffs.

                      I don't expect many English posters to get it, but every single Scot, Welshman, Irishman reading this will know just what I'm talking about.
                      Thank the lord for the anti biased approach the scottish media takes on such matters. I mean its so heartening to see their balanced approach on england and the ebglish in general.

                      Believe me Neil, I largely have stopped buying newspapers because of their presentation and I know quite frankly they can be nothing short of xenophobic. (The Daily Mail is a fascist rag which should be banned quite frankly). But the scottish media can hardly take the moral hightone considering.

                      In my humble opinion its fine for scots to support anyone else who is playing england. I object more to the people that think we are bothered by it. We have a team in the european cup, and we are getting behind them. Forget everyone else. Our media is quite in their right to be biased towards england. Especially since no more british teams are in it.I do hate it when they use that in a negative fashion however. But I havent seen much of that in the articles I have perused recently. In fact people have been more than happy to place other countries as favourites and give credit where it is due. We are by no means the best in it, and most england fans realise that, even if some can get carried away. Do you blame them? WOuld you react any differently? Coverage has scottish and irish pundits btw, who give no support to england whatsoever. If scotland were playing england and there was a bias you might have a point but why should the british media be impartial to france? Praise them by all means, but sod impartiality.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by German-Lassie
                        If they'll play the next 2 games like they played yesterday you're wish will be granted and England will be at home in a week. hahaha
                        Doubt it love. We had the french, perhaps the favourites, one down for the majority of the game. Only two moments of madness really lost us it.

                        I am under no illusions as to who played better but the fact remains that they were france and we almost had them beat. We have ever chance of qualifying for the next round.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't mind English media being pro-English. I'd expect nothing less. What I mind is English media masquerading as British media and assuming that the non-English parts of the UK want to put up with all their guff. If they're going to pretend to be British media they should at least notice that not all of Britain is England.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Emile Heskey's great at Kung-Fu,it's just a pity he's crap at football.If he isn't playing England might still be in with a shout of qualifying.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Neil_Caple
                              I don't mind English media being pro-English. I'd expect nothing less. What I mind is English media masquerading as British media and assuming that the non-English parts of the UK want to put up with all their guff. If they're going to pretend to be British media they should at least notice that not all of Britain is England.
                              Truth be known they can be rather insensitive. If Scotland were involved Id expect the papers to get behind them and couldn't see them doing that to the same extent. I realise England is bigger but the papers still represent scotland and as long as they sell to them should respect their needs somewhat.

                              That said, The Daily Mirror has a scottish version quite openly anti english recently so I hear.When you keep comparing yourselves to england and supporting everyone else your own team will never get anywhere.

                              I mean is it ok for the Daily Record to go off on one? Should I be anti-scottish because of this?

                              Also, can you explain why the BBC and ITV have the following pundits for the tournament when there is a clear english bias: Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Peter Schmeicel,Andy Townsend,Gordon Strachan? Much appreciated. Id say the coverage is pro england but not blinkered by any means.

                              Andy J2: Emile Heskey is a donkey who spends most of the matches on his backside. He would still waltz into the scotland side.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X