This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can England winn Euro 2004

I WAS PARTLY TO BLAME FOR GETTING THE OTHER THREAD CLOSED AND I APOLOGISE IT WENT A BIT TO FAR BUT I WASNT USING THAT SCOTSMANS MAM NAME____I DONT THINK ENGLAND WILL WIN EURO 2004 THEYRE TO OVER-RATED AND LIVE TO MUCH ON PAST GLORY INSTEAD OF CONCENTRATING ON THESE TOURNAMENTS

Before anyone answers this thread!

I wont hesitate to close threads if they

(a) are slandourous to other members!
    (b) are no where near topic
    (c) are downright nasty and *****y

Can we keep this one on Soccer and Euro 2004 please!

Also Marley007
    Can U e-mail me at the bottom of the Board as I need 2 discuss with you regarding the statement at the top of this page!.

Comment

I don't think Erickson will have any success as the England football manager-he should have stuck to selling mobile phones

Comment

OR HE COULD GO IN TO BUISNESS WITH PETER STRINGFELLOW__TWO DIRTY OLD MEN

Comment

Originally posted by ANDY-J2
          I don't think Erickson will have any success as the England football manager-he should have stuck to selling mobile phones

he made us beat the germans 5-1, our best result since we beat them in 1966, and he got us through to the q-finals of the world cup. we only lost to the eventual winners of the world cup.

Comment

If they manage to keep a fit squad they are probably capable of reaching the quarters...they wont win it though.

Comment

I've been dying to ask this.........

As an ex-professional and someone who knows a good fotballer when he sees one....

Does anyone else think Beckham is over rated?

I will tell you why I think he is!

If you believe the (english) media he is world class, which puts him in with Zidane, Raul, Figo and Rivaldo, then this is our strating point. Do these players have any significant weaknesses. NO!

Let us now look at Beckham:

He is a brilliant crosser, passer, dead ball striker, Captain (he appears to have the respect of all the players), his work rate is tremendous.

He cannot tackle, head, beat players (dribble) .

I think these three weaknesses are fundemental to a player who wishes to be in the top class.

Honestly have you seen him going in for a tackle or a header, christ all mightly the guys looks like a ballerina.

Yours views are greatly appreciated, but only if they are qualified, and not full of patriotic mumbo jumbo.

Comment

beckham and owen are the 2 best players in the world. wayne rooney, a future england player, comes a close second.

Comment

I AGREE BECKHAM IS OVER-RATED_IN TERMS OF PASSING WORK RATE AND FREE KICKS ETC THERES NOT ANYBODY BETTER_BUT WHAT YOU SAID HES WEAK AT TACKLING HE NEVER TAKES PLAYERS ON HE CANT HEAD_SO HES DEFINITELY GOT A LOT TO IMPROVE BEFORE HE CAN DESERVEDLY BE CLASSED UP THERE WITH THE ZIDANES FIGOS ETC_WHO WOULD YOU ALL SAY IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD_IVE ALWAYS ADMIRED DENILSON AS A PLAYER ON HIS DAY HE IS ONE OF THE MOST TECHINALLY GIFTED PLAYERS AROUND BUT HES NOT REALLY LIVED UP TO HIS 22M OR SO PRICE TAG YET_I THINK AIMAR HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE ONE OF THE BEST TO AND HES STILL YOUNG_

Comment

I SEE YOUR JUST ANOTHER BIASED ENGLISHMAN BB_YOUVE ALL BEEN BRAINWASHED BY YOUR OWN MEDIA_SCHOLES AND STEVIE GERRARD ARE THE ONLY TWO PLAYERS THAT I THINK ARENT OVER-RATED ID SAY THEM TWO DONT GET ENOUGH CREDIT_

Comment

Aye!

Denilson is absolutely enigmatic. It appears that he is the type of player who will move in and out of a game, and I think that is why the Brazilians don't play him from the start.
                      Is Aimar the one who plays in Spain, for valencia i think?

I don't get much chance to see these guys, but he would be up there with the best in Europe.

I might be wrong but the English Premiership is in real danger of losing it's appeal, what do you think?

I once had a long conversation with Walter Smith about players shelf lives. He reckoned (and there is plenty of evidence) that top class players last for 7 years as do top teams. It may be implied that top leagues are the same.

Comment

Have you....

Originally posted by BoltonBoy21
                        beckham and owen are the 2 best players in the world. wayne rooney, a future england player, comes a close second.
                        Got posters of owen and the Beckster up in your room?

Are you honestly saying that those two are better than Rivaldo. Please,Please explain in intelligent terms how you came to this conclusion.

Comment

Oh Aye!!

I've just noticed that Wayne Rooney comes a close second in the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD stakes. Gonnae please just shut up, and stop talking complete ****e.

Comment

I would agree, but.....

Originally posted by marley007
                            I SEE YOUR JUST ANOTHER BIASED ENGLISHMAN BB_YOUVE ALL BEEN BRAINWASHED BY YOUR OWN MEDIA_SCHOLES AND STEVIE GERRARD ARE THE ONLY TWO PLAYERS THAT I THINK ARENT OVER-RATED ID SAY THEM TWO DONT GET ENOUGH CREDIT_

Scholes is such an intelligent player as is Gerrard. Both have more to their game than Beckham. The problem is that Beckham really is world class when it comes to certain parts of his game and everyone has become brainwashed by that.

Comment

AYE DENILSONS THE SORT OF PLAYER YOUVE GOT TO BE TOUGH ON TO BRING THE BEST OUT OF HIM SO THE WAY THE BRAZILIANS DO IT IS PERFECT LEAVE HIM ON THE BENCH AND GET HIM MOTIVATED TO COME ON AND TRY MAKE THINGS HAPPEN_IF THAT BOY COULD JUST FIND CONSISTENCY THOUGH I WOULD FEEL SORRY FOR DEFENDERS THE BOY IS A GENIOUS WHEN HE GETS GOING AND THE TYPE OF A PLAYER DEFENDERS CANT LIVE WITH_AYE AIMAR PLAYS FOR VALENCIA HES GOT THE MAKINGS OF A LEGEND AND HES STILL ONLY ABOOT 23 I SEEN A WEE BIT OF A VALENCIA GAME THE OTHER NIGHT AND I REALLY COULDNT BELIEVE HOW GOOD HE IS HE WAS SINGLE HANDEDLY RIPPING THE DEFENDERS TO SHREDS BUT HE ALSO WORKS FOR THE TEAM TO_I HAVE TO AGREE I GET BORED WATCHING PREMIERSHIP GAMES SOMETIMES ITS MEANT TO BE FULL OF ALL THIS EXCITEMENT BUT ITS ONLY WHEN YOU WATCH ARSENAL YOU REALLY GET TO SEE THE ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL THEY ALL SHOUT ABOUT DOWN THERE_I AGREE WITH THAT AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME YOU SEE PLAYERS SLOWING DOWN A BIT AND LOOKING LIKE THEY CANT BE ARSED WITH IT ANY MORE

Comment

Working...
                              X