Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesus christ! how could anyone say that the english league is boring? it's the best leaugue in the world. i'd rather watch that than watch the scottish league day in day out.

Comment

I AGREE I DO RATE BECKHAM AND I THINK IN CERTAIN PARTS OF HIS GAME THERES NOBODY BETTER THAN HIM AT IT_BUT I LIKE WATCHING ENTERTAINERS LIKE ZIDANE RIVALDO ETC THAT WILL COME UP WITH A UNIQUE BIT OF SKILL TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN BUT WITH BECKHAM ITS ONE GREAT PASS THEN A GOAL AND THAT IS GOOD TO WATCH SOMETIMES BUT TO ME RIVALDO AND ZIDANE ETC SHOW YOU THE TRUE MEANING OF ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL_SCHOLES IS A VERY INTELLIGENT PLAYER AND FOR A MIDFIELDER SCORES SOME AMOUNT OF GOALS EACH SEASON_GERRARD IS ANOTHER PLAYER LIKE GAZZA HES GOT THE TALENT AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BE ONE OF THE GREATS BUT HIS TEMPER COULD LET HIM DOWN AND ITS A SHAME TO SEE PLAYERS LIKE THAT GOING TO WASTE_WAYNE ROONEY IS A VERY TALENTED BOY BUT HES STILL GOT HELL OF A LOT TO LEARN

Comment

BB MATE ITS EASY TO SAY YOUR COUNTRYS LEAGUE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD BUT BECAUSE YOU SAY IT DOESNT MEAN PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE IT_I CERTAINLY DONT_ARSENAL ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE ENGLISH LEAGUE THAT PLAY ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL WEEK IN WEEK OUT AND BECAUSE OF THAT YOUR LEAGUE IS BECOMING AS PREDICTABLE AS THE SPL ITS OBVIOUS EVERY YEAR RANGERS OR CELTICS GOING TO WIN IT_AND THE PREMIERSHIPS GOING THAT WAY NOW AS WELL NEWCASTLES CLOSE BEHIND BUT I DONT THINK THEYVE GOT WHAT IT TAKES JUST NOW TO MOUNT A SERIOUS CHALLENGE_

Comment

sorry ive been typing away in caps and i know how how annoying it is trying to read something in caps_bb mate im not putting the english league down its got some of the best players in the world in it_but come on you have to agree its becoming a wee bit predictable

Comment

Sorry son....

Originally posted by BoltonBoy21
            jesus christ! how could anyone say that the english league is boring? it's the best leaugue in the world. i'd rather watch that than watch the scottish league day in day out.
            You are now talking out of your backside. Let me qualify:

1. I agree with you that at this point the English league is the best. I was stating that I sense there is a decrease in the quality of football. I did not say it was boring.

2. At no point did I compare Scottish football to English football, and I would rather watch the English league. So I am not sure hwere your point lies on this.

I think we are now getting a picture of you wee man, and i have to say it is not positive. Seriously, you need to stop making ill thought out comments an try to qualify what you are saying. Sorry, maybe i should explain myself. When you make comments you need to give reasons why you believe certain things.

Comment

what does everybody think of scotlands chances for qualifying for euro 2004_i think we will come in second and go into a playoff i dont know what will happen then though_but id drfinitely be willing to miss out on the next few tournaments if we can build a team that could bring us success in the future its going to take time but i honestly think we will get there in the end

Comment

hate to break up your "intense" sports talk...for the moment

When i'm finished you can pick up where you left off at, like you never skipped a beat.

This question is totally off the subject, however it's the only way i figured i could get a hold of Marti33. With that said, Marti33, could you email me at amyg881@hotmail.com, since i am unable to email you directly from your profile. Just so you know WHY i want you to email me, i am studying Scotland and would like to interview you.

Sorry for any inconvenince on the "sports talk."

Comment

I watch...

a lot of amateur and juvenile football, and I have to say that at this level Scottish football is doing well. Scottish under21 teams are among the best in europe, beleive it or not. The problem we have is that there are less and less opportunities for them to fulfill that potential. However I do think Scotland will qualify for 2004, this is probably 50% head and 50% heart.

Comment

aye i agree at certain levels scottish fitbas dane good,rainer bonhofs been dane a brilliant job with the under 21s i think theyve only lost once since he took over and you can see the pride in them boys playing for scotland,so it really does look good for the future that is unless there teams are just letting them rot on the bench,barry fergusons been brilliant all season and definitely looks like one of the best midfielders in europe so its a sign we can still produce great players but hopefully he can take the form with rangers and turn it on for scotland as well,weve got hutchinson and matteo back now as well burleys still to come back,so if we do qualify for euro 2004 we might just have a strong enough squad to at least get through a couple of rounds which weve never done before

Comment

what about having a british national team? it would have more players to choose from and would therefore be a lot stronger than each home nation.

it could have giggs, ferguson, beckham in the same team. quite formidable in my eyes.

Comment

I don't think the English league is the best in the world at all. It is perhaps one of the most exciting leagues but in terms of standard it doesn't match up to the German, Spanish or Italian leagues. I think also that Celtic proved that when they defeated Blackburn comfortably in Blackburn in the UEFA Cup. After the Man Us, Arsenals and Liverpools aren't Blackburn a mid-table side?

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi
                          what about having a british national team? it would have more players to choose from and would therefore be a lot stronger than each home nation.

it could have giggs, ferguson, beckham in the same team. quite formidable in my eyes.
                          Because of the difference in size of the home nations a British team would effectively mean an English team with the occasional Scot,Ulsterman or Welshman getting a place in the squad.Inevitably there would be times when the entire team would be English and I don't see the fans of the other home nations supporting a team full of Englishmen.

Comment

Well judging by Scotlands recent form!
                            We are Top of Our Group!
                            Uillie

Comment

Maddog.........

I thought England were particularly impressive in beating Leichtenstein 0-2, all that class and ability and still shi*te!!

Comment

you would lose against liechenstein.

Comment

Working...
                                X