Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would an omnipotent God need to create a hell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would an omnipotent God need to create a hell?

Would an omnipotent God need to create a hell?

Main Entry:
    1 often capitalized : almighty 1
    2 : having virtually unlimited authority or influence <an omnipotent ruler>

A loving God, with unlimited influence, at judgment time, would have no trouble influencing a soul to believe and repent.
    That would make the following quote true.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If God is somehow not able to change the attitude or ideas of the soul, the reason for punishment, then to send it to eternal torture or death would serve no purpose and that would mean that punishment would be immoral and no moral God would ever do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

For those who believe in everlasting punishment or death for souls, I would ask.

What does an omnipotent God need with a hell?

God would cure all afflicted and never lose what could only be perfect as everything has emanated from a perfect God. If the Christian God exists that is.

Deuteronomy 32:4
    He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

Regards
    DL

if you believe in one you must believe in the other

every action has a reaction

ying yang

etc cte

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
      if you believe in one you must believe in the other

every action has a reaction

ying yang

etc cte
      I do not agree. As a Universalist, I can believe in a heaven without a hell.

Regards
      DL

Comment

Can you believe in rain without sun? So rainbows don't exist?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyBoab View Post
          Can you believe in rain without sun? So rainbows don't exist?
          Did you have a question or comment worthy of an answer?

Can your God not do his will?

2 Peter 3:9
          The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Regards
          DL

Comment

Originally posted by Gnostic Bishop View Post
            Yes

Can your God not do his will?
            My God?

2 Peter 3:9

Regards
            DL
            For someone who despises religion so vehemently, you quote the Bible a lot

Comment

Regards
              DL

Comment

I do not agree.
                well theres a surprise.

i long for the days where i could just ignore all the olde school religions like Christianity, Judas,Islam, rasta etc etc but now i have to go about my day ignoring all these new fantasy "isms" now as well.

tis a bucket of pi..

Comment

well theres a surprise.

i long for the days where i could just ignore all the olde school religions like Christianity, Judas,Islam, rasta etc etc but now i have to go about my day ignoring all these new fantasy "isms" now as well.

tis a bucket of pi..
                  I don't know why some people are so determined to create a higher power to bow down to.

This is life -- just live it.
                  "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Comment

well theres a surprise.

tis a bucket of pi..
                    If you ignore the damage and harm done by religions then you are not much of a man.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

For the evils of religion to grow.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHa...x=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9...eature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 3
                    LiveLeak.com - Jesus Camp - Part 1 (3)

Death to Gays.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Z...eature=related

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
                    DL

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta View Post
                      I don't know why some people are so determined to create a higher power to bow down to.

This is life -- just live it.
                      Exactly. Without forgetting the evils of religions as shown above.

Basic Beliefs of a True Gnostic

Regards
                      DL

Comment

Working...
                      X