Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Christian!

What is a Christian? (Steve Atwood) - YouTube
    2 Timothy 2:15, approved where? At the Judgement Seat of the Savior. A workman worthy of Godís praise rightly dividing the word of truth.

Q: What is a Christian?
    A: some one who believes in Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
      Q: What is a Christian?
      A: some one who believes in Christ.
      Simply put and you hit the nail on the head.
      Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      MLK Jr.

Comment

lol...most deff no need to watch a 30 min vid to get the answer anyway

Comment

lol...most deff no need to watch a 30 min vid to get the answer anyway
          Probably the vid is an instructional 30 mins on how to be Christ-like? If so I'll give it a miss. I am, sadly, a lost cause. Not many people can go against the natural tendency to "sin". It's part of the human condition to go forth and warmonger, fornicate, plunder, rape, pillage, burn, blow a lot of stuff up, become beer swilling whiskey drinking drunkards, and do lots of other naughty things that are open to Church censorship, societal frowns and tut tut tut's by the courts of our lands. It's so hard to have fun anymore.....
          Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          MLK Jr.

Comment

the problem with "sin" is that (some) Christians pick and choose what "sin" is and only follow the bits of the book they want too.

ok to build wmd's but the burny fire if you miss church or swear. lol

was Jesus not taught by Allah anyway?

Comment

the problem with "sin" is that (some) Christians pick and choose what "sin" is and only follow the bits of the book they want too.

ok to build wmd's but the burny fire if you miss church or swear. lol

was Jesus not taught by Allah anyway?
              I agree Tig. Saw enough of it in my own church way back when I was actually attending. And what I also saw were some hypocritical, sanctimonious t w a t s who shone with saintly glows every Sunday, but whom during the week were trying to relive a previous life in Sodom and Gomorrah. Then, have the self-righteous audacity to point a finger at me because I got pregnant before I was married. Even when they learned of the circumstances of how that pregnancy came about, I apparently was still at fault in their eyes. And don't get me started on how they used to preach how some sins are like gray areas, that a common fault is to take the bible out of context and misread the meaning of certain words and passages. Yeah, well, they said that because the certain sins that they considered gray areas were the sins they were engaging in like there was no tomorrow. SMH.

By the way, is t w a t considered a cuss word? When I typed it in without spaces between the letters it automatically appeared as ****s....lol.
              MLK Jr.

Comment

I know what your saying Val.
                Double standards all over the place makes it all totally pointless and ridiculous.

No **** is fine I'm sure

Edit maybe not then haha

Comment

I know what your saying Val.
                  Double standards all over the place makes it all totally pointless and ridiculous.

No **** is fine I'm sure

Edit maybe not then haha
                  Pointless and ridiculous I agree, but some people still seem intent in making a career out of it.

After reading the Urban dictionary's meaning of t w a t, I can see why this site decided to bleep it out....lol.
                  MLK Jr.

Comment

True, some christians have double standards and can be off putting, but don't let that cancel out the ones that are genuine.

Valmia, if anyone mocks you because you go pregnant before you were married don't worry, just tell them , the church is for sinners that's why they go. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnieboots View Post
                      True, some christians have double standards and can be off putting, but don't let that cancel out the ones that are genuine.

Valmia, if anyone mocks you because you go pregnant before you were married don't worry, just tell them , the church is for sinners that's why they go. Hahaha.
                      Well said, Bonnieboots. I am a sinner. I am a big fat sinner. I go to church. Sometimes I'm a hypocrite. It's because I know I'm a sinner that I believe I need Christ. I have chosen to believe in Him. Many choose Him, many more do not.

I am a practicing Christian, and I realize that is different from the majority of the world's people. I will not try to convince anyone on this forum that they should do as I do or be as I be. I can not convince anyone. According to my beliefs, only God can convince a person that He is real, and that His Word (the Bible) is trustworthy, true, and relevant. So I will not try to persuade any of you on here. If anyone wishes to speak more with me about it, in public or private, I don't mind doing so. I am always willing and happy to talk about my God-- He is very real to me. But I also realize that not everyone wishes to believe that way or talk about Him.

If anyone has any prayer requests, I do talk to God regularly and will be happy to pray for you. Please understand that neither I or nor God guarantees a desired result.

IG
                      . . . . . . But are you free?

Comment

A Christian is one whose morals have been corrupted by literal reading of myths.

They have developed a double standard of morality where they forgive their God for what they would condemn a man for doing.

That is the evil of literal; reading of myths.

Regards
                        DL

Comment

Working...
                        X