God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God

To believe in GOD means declaring GOD to be the only GOD in the heavens and earth and all that exist. It has three aspects;
    (A) Oneness of the Lordship of GOD: To believe that there is only one Lord for all the universe and He is its Creator, Organizer, Planner, Sustainer, and the Giver of security.
    (B) Oneness of the Worship of GOD: To believe that none has the right to be worshipped (e.g. praying, invoking, asking for help, swearing, slaughtering sacrifices, giving charity, fasting, pilgrimage, etc.) but GOD.
    (C) Oneness of the Names and the Qualities of GOD
    Last edited by akim; 10th September 2011, 18:06.

what if you believe in many gods?

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
      what if you believe in many gods?
      So you be lost for ever

Comment

Your religious polemic is very interesting but why anyone should regard you as an authority on the subject I don't know - I choose not to believe in any Gods because the available evidence doesn't convince me that they exist.
        "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Verily, GOD forgives not that partners should be set up with HIM (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom HE wills; and whoever sets up partners with GOD in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDY-J3 View Post
            Your religious polemic is very interesting but why anyone should regard you as an authority on the subject I don't know - I choose not to believe in any Gods because the available evidence doesn't convince me that they exist.
            In Any Gods? They exist? . Of course they don't exist. HE exists !!!. The Compassionate. The Most Merciful. The Sovereign. The Holy One. The Giver of Peace. The Giver of Protection. The Mighty. The Overpowering Lord. The Self-Glorious. The Creator. The One Who Gives Life. The Fashioner Of Shapes. The Exceedingly Forgiving. The One Who Has Control Over All Things. The Sustainer. The Remover Of Difficulties and Giver of decisions. The All Knowing. The straitener of Sustenance. The Extender Of Provisions. The One Who Humbles and Lowers. The Exalter. The Giver Of Honour. The Giver of Dishonour. The All Hearing. The Seer. The Maker Of Immutable Judgment. The Just. The Most Affectionate. the Clement. The Great. The Forgiving. The Highly Grateful. The Most High. The Most Infinite, The Protector. The Reckoner. The Caretaker. The Benevolent. The Lenient. The Wise. The Most Loving. The Most Venerable. The Resurrector Of Dead. The Omnipresent. The Truth. The Provident. The Almighty. The Invincible. THe Patron. The Far Above The Attributes Of The Entire Creation. The Oft- Returning. The One Who Takes Retribution. The One Who Pardon. The Possessor Of Sovereignty. The Kind. The Majestic. The Praise Worthy. The Keeper Of Counts. The Originator. The One Who Has Power To Create Again. The Everlasting. The All Perfect. The One Unequalled. The All Powerful. The One Who Causes Advancement. The One Who Causes Retardation. The First. The Last. The Obvious. The Latent. The Assembler. The Free From Need. The Supplier Of Needs To Others. The Hinderer. The Light. The Deviser. The Eternal.
            Do you know of anyone who has these attributes

Comment

who is "he"

Allah?
              Buddha?
              Haile Selassie I?
              Ra?
              etc etc
              and how do you know its a "he" anyway...give evidence not religious mumbo jumbo

and what one of them gave you permission to talk gobble gobble in their name?

Comment

No, and I rather think you don't know any such entity either. It was a bit rotten of your "compassionate" and "merciful" invisible friend to "create" cancer and Alzheimer's and rabies and so on, don't you think?

And "his" supposed control of floods , famines, earthquakes, hurricanes etc. tends to be exercised an a fairly violent and unfriendly way.

Comment

Originally posted by akim View Post
                  So you be lost for ever
                  Your coreligionist cousins , the christians , believe in 3 gods in an abbreviated animist manner, two wraped up in the mantle of the third .
                  Are they to be lost forever too ?

Comment

i wont be lost

ive got gps

god would need to knock out all the satellites

Comment

the Wrath of Khan , um I mean God

Comment

So I guess all of the older civilizations like the Greeks, Romans, Etruscans, Egyptians, Mayans, etc....the list goes on, were all damned because they believed in multiple gods and godesses? I think some of those beliefs were beautiful. They seem so centered.

Comment

God?

Just about every religion claims to e aware of at least one such fellows - usually a 'he'. Despite many folk asking for evidence or better still - proof - of their claims 'He' has not furnished any.

Glasgow man, Arthur Findlay opined of Christianity that it was 'The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated Upon Humankind'.

Any evidences or views?

Comment

All evidence points to the fact that man has created god in his own image...

with way too much emphasis on his undesirable traits such as intolerance, the malice, jealousy, narcissism, megalomania, misogyny, neediness ...

The list goes on and on...
                            "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Comment

Those one off gods are boring fellows '
                              The pantheons of gods are where its at .
                              Thats when the intolerance, malice, jealousy, narcissism, megalomania, misogyny, neediness etc really make ripping good yarns

Comment

Working...
                              X