What Does People Mean When They Say They Do Not Believe In God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does People Mean When They Say They Do Not Believe In God

What Does People Mean When They Say They Do Not Believe In God.

URL removed as the address does contain SPAM !!
    Last edited by Babz; 11th September 2010, 18:21.
    Jesus is lord

It means that they do not believe in any sort of god .
    How hard is that for you to understand ?

Comment

How come you guys have capital letters and God disnae? wullie m

Comment

One of my friends does not believe in God, but one day the sewing machine needle got stocked in his finger and he screamed out. “Jesus Christ” We have to take a bad situation and make a laugh. We have to ask him. Why didn’t you call for Rasta? Why in blaze you have to call our Jesus? When people say they do not believe in God. What they are doing: Is posing a challenge. A challenge to God, and to those who say they believe in God. “ Ok! I do not believe in God” So prove to me that God is! They are trying to get a dialog going. The bible said that even Demons believe in God. Therefore, men who say they do not believe in God are only lying to themselves and to others.
        Taking a commonly used expletive and trying to convert it into an argument is lame.

There is no God and I use the expletive J C quite a lot. It was the expletive I heard my uncle use when I was a boy and that's all there is to it.

Religion is just organised superstition and always has been.

Comment

Dr. James --- Just because the bible says something, doesn't make it true. It also says "god is love" (1 John 4:8), but when you look at the suffering in the world, clearly this is a lie - god, if he/she/it exists - is certainly not love. Better to believe that there is no god at all.
          "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Comment

What they are doing: Is posing a challenge.
            Not really. Maybe a few (such as Richard Dawkins perhaps) are, but most are just simply saying that they do not believe in God...........

Comment

One evening in Bethlehem a long time ago, a woman, Mary, gave birth to a baby in a stable, her husband Joseph close by. Just then, a star appeared overhead, heralding the arrival of the Three Kings, Wise Men of the Orient. As they entered the low stable entrance, the first king hit his head on the lintel of the doorway. In pain and shock, he shouted out "Jesus Christ !!"

Joseph looked up and said "That's a great name. We were going to call him Fred !"

Comment

Jist as well it wisnae "**** me" Lachlan!

Comment

That would have stopped the celibate clergy thing in its tracks eh

Comment

Hmmmmm...religion:-(

Nobel Prize winning physicist Steven Wienberg said it best and I quote... "Religion is an insult to human dignity...without it, [religion] we would have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, it takes religion"

A most memorable example of this was in 2001 when for around 2 - 3 weeks the Protestant community in a town in Northern Ireland shouted abuse, threw stones and eventually small explosive devices at 4 & 5 year old schoolgirls and their parents as they walked through their street to reach their Catholic school...this was headline news every night for weeks until it was knocked off the top spot by...September 11th!

It took the worlds single largest terrorist attack to steal the headlines from a group of people whom I'm sure in every other way were normal decent people, yet their bigotry & hatred for another religious group saw them committing acts which I'm sure must have scarred those little girls for life...it was particularly significant to me as my own elder daughter was 4 1/2 & just beginning her own school life and to see those girls, her age being subjected to such abuse every morning & afternoon was sickening & frankly beyond belief...

that is what god, religion has done since man first looked up & wondered how we came to be...then learned how to control the masses through childhood indoctrination & fear of the hereafter...anyway better stop now as this is one subject I could write about forever...& of course get nowhere
                    Last edited by arty71; 18th September 2010, 20:58. Reason: forgot a bit

Comment

"Babz"

Babz: The word . “Spam” Mean: “Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.”
                      If you found my posting to be spam, you should have remove the topic and the Url. You did it out of hate for Christianity and God.
                      Therefore , By the authority invested in me by the Church and by Jesus Christ. I remove you from Scotland .Com. and I also remove your fingers, and it all must come to pass this year, or else I am not a man of God.
                      Jesus is lord

Comment

fruit cake anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJames View Post
                          Babz: The word . “Spam” Mean: “Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.”
                          If you found my posting to be spam, you should have remove the topic and the Url. You did it out of hate for Christianity and God.
                          Therefore , By the authority invested in me by the Church and by Jesus Christ. I remove you from Scotland .Com. and I also remove your fingers, and it all must come to pass this year, or else I am not a man of God.
                          Friendly sort, aren't you? Couldn't you go and find a religion that suggests being a bit nice to people? One that might suggest that you love thy neighbour as thyself? Oh, but's it's funny to see the sheer nastiness of you men of god. What's next? A bit of smiting? Plagues of flies and frogs and boils? Burning at the stake?

Guess what? I'm pretty sure Babz' fingers will be just fine and safe from your nasty criminal threats. I could , of course, edit out your horrible remarks, but it's more entertaining to watch you put people off your weird religion. By the way, Matthew, chapters 6, verses 5 and 6 might be worthwhile reading for you. The bit about going in to your closet and locking the door sounds like something you should try. Matthew does not specify but I tend to think this closet might require padded walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Duthill View Post
                            fruit cake anyone ?
                            Ooh yes! With extra nuts.

Comment

Dearly beloved, verily I say unto thee that all you need to know about religion is to be found in the bibles of the most glorious and blessed Terry Pratchett. Praise be unto his name! And also unto that of the esteemed and exalted Pythons who did cause to be shown unto us "The Life of Brian". And also unto that of Richard Dawkins et al, only they are not so funny.

Right, now I have made a sermon, I can pass the plate round and you must give me money. Oh, yes you must - that's the way it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X