dawkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dawkins

Anyon here a fan/disciple of richard dawkins ?

I'm a fan.

Comment

good to meet a fellow rational, mentally balanced person. Hvae you read god delusion pol.

Comment

I could never be religious enough to be anyone's disciple - but without doubt a huge fan...

We admit that we are like apes, but we seldom realise that we are apes.

Comment

I've read it. Liked it generally, but he does tend to rant in it a little. If only he could control his outbursts a bit I think he'd appeal to a wider audience, but when he goes off on one of his hissy fits he sounds just like one of the irrational religious types whose arguments he's trying to counter.

Can't fault him on telly, though

Comment

Definitely not. I am not a Creationist or a Christian, but I think the man is the epitome of an arrogant privately educated ****, and shouldn't be allowed to be a spokesman for evolution. He'll alienate more than he'll win over.

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
            "In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

Certainly, have a debate about this if you will, but be aware that the poster who started this thread "greenscot" (or "teaschoci in his previous worldly incarnation) will not be posting to this thread again, I think. And it is now rather an old thread.

Perhaps better for those actually wanting to debate this might be to open an new thread?

Do, please, open a new thread, and start any serious discussion without "greenscot/teaschoci ".

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhh toooooooooooooooooooooshy,toooooooshy. still as mad/

Comment

I'm a fan of Dawkins

Comment

Gee.... I can still log in (after a long absensce).

From youtube I enjoyed watching Dawkins exposing the sham of astrology and psychic stuff, but I parted with him when it came to Christianity and the Bible.

Comment

Dawkins is a great mind.
                      All that christianity crap is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Theja View Post
                        Gee.... I can still log in (after a long absensce).

From youtube I enjoyed watching Dawkins exposing the sham of astrology and psychic stuff, but I parted with him when it came to Christianity and the Bible.
                        Omigawd - your THAT person? The fundy-Crishkurn Murcan? The one that hates Catholics and Muslims and anyone else that doesn't have the same MURCAN FUNDY viewpoint?

Awaaay ye go. Yer views ur not welcome here.

Comment

Och Aye!

sounds like ye might be rubbing Ms. Polwarth the wrong way. she says "it's beyond me" which sounds about par. keep up the good work!

Comment

I think Richard Dawkins is a breath of fresh air. He always gets straight to the point and exposes all that is wrong with superstition and religion. One example I can think of was in his TV programme when he was interviewing a couple of high school science teachers who said that they were "not in the business of challenging Christian beliefs about creation" and he replied "why not?" It just shows how many people including a lot of teachers tip-toe around religion and give it respect that it does'nt deserve.
                            Last edited by Mammoth; 21st February 2012, 21:11. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Never heard of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X