Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why God Refuses to answer some people prayers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why God Refuses to answer some people prayers.

http://www.rtms.netfirms.com/whygodrefuse.html

Brothers jump on this link.
    Jesus is lord

Why does God appear to answer some prayers and not others?

Simple really, it's all to do with the laws of probability. In reality, as he does not exist, some peoples prayers appear to be answered due to chance, much in the same way as astrology fans will tell you stories of horoscopes predicting events in people's lives with uncanny accuracy.

For instance, in the UK there must be around 5 million people born under any given star sign. It therefore follows that, regardless of what the horoscope for each star sign predicts on any given day, someone somewhere will be shouting about how their whole day went exactly as forecast.

The answering of prayers is therefore, like horoscope predictions, a guarantee in a percentage of cases, but not all.

Another similarity is they are both complete bollox.

Comment

There was a boy called George and George all his friends were in the oil industry and they did covet $60 a barrel. And George did pray unto his God. And the Lord did answer George and give him instructions and spake through him for his Lord was a bountiful God.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1172948/posts

http://atheism.about.com/gi/dynamic/...mp%3BlistSrc=Y

And lo George`s prayers were answered.

Comment

God does answer all prayers... what one needs to understand is that the prayer may not be answered in the manner that one wishes... God ALWAYS gives us what we NEED not necessarily what we WANT. what i have found is that my prayer may seem to go unanswered, but later and there is no time frame for this, but my prayer that i may have forgotten will be answered. All things work together for the good of the Lord. something else that we should remember is to pray for God's will be done... that one is ALWAYS answered and when you pray in the name of Jesus Christ, you are guaranteed the ear of the Lord...
        Failing to prepare is preparing to fail

Comment

Originally posted by scotland4ever
          God does answer all prayers... what one needs to understand is that the prayer may not be answered in the manner that one wishes... God ALWAYS gives us what we NEED not necessarily what we WANT. what i have found is that my prayer may seem to go unanswered, but later and there is no time frame for this, but my prayer that i may have forgotten will be answered. All things work together for the good of the Lord. something else that we should remember is to pray for God's will be done... that one is ALWAYS answered and when you pray in the name of Jesus Christ, you are guaranteed the ear of the Lord...

So civil wars, earthquakes, and hurricanes, for instance are all doing the work of Jesus Christ? I think there might be, or in several cases, *have been* some people in Louisiana who might now have trouble with that concept.

Likewise axe-murderers, drunk drivers, people with guns and bombs .... etc ....... are all doing the work of Jesus Christ?.

Comment

Civil wars are the works of man and man alone... but the natural disasters are a different story... it is a very unfortunate thing to see happening and i know that there are probably a lot of folks thinking that God was not with them during the terrible disasters.... God was with them to spare their lives. i have no real answer for the ones that have lost their lives to this terrible thing. God knows all and knew before we were all born how our life would turn out. some of the things that happen are things that He actually gives us the free will to choose. i know that it doesn't always make sense. i suppose it isn't really meant to make a lot of sense. when my dad died, i was devastated... i still am 2 years later... but i look back and i see the good my dad did... i see how he suffered, but in his suffering he became a stronger person and so did we. like i said, all things happen for a reason and it may not become known to us in this life time, but it will eventually become known how it worked in God's ultimate plan.
            Failing to prepare is preparing to fail

Comment

Well, that's all right then.... I mean, if it will all become clear to us at a later date.

Now I know WHY I'm a non-believer.

Comment

Isn't it great how the idea of "Gods plan" directly interferes with free will? Cant really have one with out the other. anyone else noticed this or am I the only one?

Comment

So how does god decide who should be born blind or pysically hadicapped. And who should get cancer? And who should be drowned in hurricanes?

Comment

Who is the Creator(God)?

Originally posted by Jock_Tams_Bairn View Post
                    Isn't it great how the idea of "Gods plan" directly interferes with free will? Cant really have one with out the other. anyone else noticed this or am I the only one?
                    Who is the Creator?
                    Creator is a collective, special Force that monitors the whole system of creation. That Force is one and unique. In Kabbalah there is but one primary law - the law of creation, which is to delight the creatures in any way the creatures can be delighted. All other laws stem from that one law, and everything that happens does so in the carrying out of that law. Everything that happens at any given moment in creation, its sole purpose is to take people come to the pointof utter bliss - to be filled with the Light of the Creator.
                    The Creator acts much like gravity: in the center of creation is the Creator. The souls were distanced five worlds away from Him. We live in the last one, called "our world". From that point Creator pulls us toward Him.
                    We sense that pull as pain - beginning with disease and ending in painful death. But if we make an effort to approach the Creator by cooperating with that Force, we will nor feel the pain. Instead, we will feel that Force as good. If, however, we refuse to, we will feel any troubles to the same extent that we resist. The Creator created us through His wish to give, to bestow. He created our will to receive exactly in the amount that He wanted to give. That why we must attain everything that He wants to give us eternity, strength, perfection, total control. This means we must assume all the duties of the Creator.
                    The primery law of creation is the singularity of the Creator-the one and only power that controls everything."There is none beside Him".
                    The second law of creation is that the Creator is totally benevolent. We cannot settle the contradiction between these two laws as they appear in our conception of reality.
                    To Kabbalists, this is not an"idea", but a fact they discover within their sansation of the Creator. People cannot begin to understand how there could have been a holocaust if there is a Creator, because they do not feel Him!!! In fact, the benevolence of the Creator appears only in our corrected desires.
                    If we are not corrected, then to the extent of the corruption to the Light, we will feel the opposite of the goodness of the Creator, feelings torment instead of happiness.

Comment

I worry about the extent of "correction" mentioned in your little rant. Are you one of those cults into whips and leather wellies?
                      GIRFUY!

Comment

Originally posted by aNonnyMoose View Post
                        I worry about the extent of "correction" mentioned in your little rant. Are you one of those cults into whips and leather wellies?
                        I'm one who takes: Kabbalists teach us and tell us this famous allegory about a generous shop owner whose shop is always open, and everyone can walk in and take what they want. But his hand writes what you take, and his collectors collect. You can pay him by becoming like him, which is what he wants, or you can use what he gives you for yourself, and then his collectors come.

Comment

Classic pseudo-religious gibberish...
                          GIRFUY!

Comment

Awww, Nonny - you mean you urnae fallin fur his rubbish?!

Comment

Never did, never will. It's the ultimate "victimhood" excuse - Oh, I'm not responsible for what happens to me, it's because of the divine plans of god/allah/the flyingspaghettimonster/abigboogaloo (delete as appropriate)...

Note: they're all "jam tomorrow" - as long as you give them lots of your money and abdicate your free will to the whims of some clown claiming to "interpret" for them...

Biggest con ever perpetrated on humanity.
                              GIRFUY!

Comment

Working...
                              X