X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little known cat breeds in the British Isles

Hi, I was doing a web search on Irish cat breeds and found this page:
    http://messybeast.com/moggycat/breed1.htm

It lists unusual cat breeds found in Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. I thought I'd share it with you all.

Does anyone here have any input as to what these cats look like? What do pre-war British Shorthairs look like-I know they exist in Ireland and Scotland, and I've been doing web searches to find out what they look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericker
      Does anyone here have any input as to what these cats look like?
      Are you referring to the cats in the link you posted? Have you actually read what it says?

What do pre-war British Shorthairs look like-I know they exist in Ireland and Scotland, and I've been doing web searches to find out what they look like?
      They look like cats with short hair... is that not obvious? I mean, how much do you think cats have evolved since the war? Even since WW1 they won't have evolved so much you would be able to see the differences!

So, what else do you need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by ScotsTraveller
        Are you referring to the cats in the link you posted? Have you actually read what it says?

Have you actually looked properly at what he posted? He put a at the end.
        Meow!

Comment

I noticed that at the end of his first post... but then he asked the question in the second post - I think he actually believes these to be real!

Comment

I noticed that at the end of his first post... but then he asked the question in the second post - I think he actually believes these to be real!
            The "Irish bog cat" is kinda believable.
            But the rest is pretty much unbelievable - does McEwans lager even come in bottles?
            Meow!

Comment

What do pre-war British Shorthairs look like-I know they exist in Ireland and Scotland, and I've been doing web searches to find out what they look like?
              SOMETHING like this

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                But the rest is pretty much unbelievable - does McEwans lager even come in bottles?

That depends on whether you can train the cat to wee in the bottles. (Someone had to say it.)

Comment

Originally posted by McDink
                  SOMETHING like this
                  Yer an affae sick man, McDink

Comment

Originally posted by Celyn
                    That depends on whether you can train the cat to wee in the bottles. (Someone had to say it.)
                    I wonder how many moggies McEwans' need to employ at their breweries to give their "lager" that distinctive taste. (Someone had to ask it.)
                    Meow!

Comment

They look like cats with short hair... is that not obvious? I mean, how much do you think cats have evolved since the war? Even since WW1 they won't have evolved so much you would be able to see the differences!

So, what else do you need to know?
                      To answer the first question-yes, I'm referring to the link I posted. What do Irish Shorthairs look like?

Comment

Silly me- I didn't know that was a joke link.

Comment

...cats...

Sounds like some REALLY nice cats. Thanks for the article/info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericker View Post
                            Hi, I was doing a web search on Irish cat breeds and found this page:
                            Indigenous British Cats

It lists unusual cat breeds found in Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. I thought I'd share it with you all.
                            Argh I want photos!

Comment

Scottish Cats

British Shorthairs are still the most common breed in Scotland and have not changed a great deal since the pre-war days - Sally Anne

Comment

Working...
                              X