X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColinShearer
    started a topic Mike Ogletree

Mike Ogletree

Are any of you familiar with Fiction Factory and Simple Minds ?? Well you may know of Mike Ogletree who played drums in both bands.

Mike is the original Afro Celt - born the first Black African American Scotsman in Kilmarnock Scotland in 1956.

Anyway Mike is still Alive and Kicking now living and working in Brooklyn,New York and has a new CD out in tribute to Robert Burns - The Kilmarnock Edition Songs with a rock,reggae,world music feel.

There are great interpretations of
    Green Grow The Rashes O
    Red Red Rose

and many more.

Some clips are on youtube and the cd is available for sale too !! ReverbNation Player
    Last edited by ColinShearer; 6th May 2009, 17:33. Reason: Add link to free downloads

• Duthill
    replied
    Thanks , thats a nice wee teaser , to put on a CD and take to the music shop.
    The full Reverb album is wafting thru the house now

I've never facedbooked anybody on their page .
    dunno how .......

Leave a comment:

• ColinShearer
    replied
    CD Baby: ROBERT BURNS & MIKE OGLETREE: The Kilmarnock Edition

I hope this is the link you are looking for !!

I know some of the songs are disabled and others are free I think. MIke has a myspace and facebook page where you can speak to him direct.

Leave a comment:

• Duthill
    replied
    When was this album released ?
    I'm wondering how long it will be before we get it in the South Pacific

On the ReverbNation page that you posted , the download button is disabled .
    fair enough too eh .

Leave a comment:

• ColinShearer
    replied
    Your welcome - I love Mikes work !! Lots of free downloads on his reverbnation and myspace and facebook pages.

Catchy music !!

Leave a comment:

• Duthill
    replied
    Reggae does Rabbie .... I like it ,

cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X