Your Cheatin Heart Series: Soundtrack Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Cheatin Heart Series: Soundtrack Needed

I'm trying to get hold of the soundtrack to the old TV series 'Your Cheatin Heart' from 1990.
    I have it on cassette but it's gubbed, as are most of my old tapes.
    I'd like to know if anyone has a copy, either I could buy it from someone or get a copy.
    Since even Google hasn't really heard of it i'm kind of hoping that some fellow scots will have
    an idea of what i'm talking about, it was released in 1990 by bbc publishing, directed by john byrne.

If anyone has any info could they contact me via the forums

I have taken you e.mail address out to lessen the chance of you getting spam
    Last edited by Babz; 25th March 2009, 09:11. Reason: personal e.mail address not allowed in posts

Oh dear. This one has come up before, and it seems that the reason the thing was not put out on video or DVD was to do with some legal muddles about copyright for the music involved. At any rate, that's what a member here, who used to work in the B.B.C. at the time the series went out, said.

I know we have had threads on this before but I *think* the end conclusion was that it is not available. There *was*, I think, a poster who did get his hands on a copy and was kind enough to offer to make copies for others, but that was actually a few years ago now, and I don't think he posts here any more.

It's quite sad, I know I would like to see it again. Great cast.

Comment

It's my mum that want's to get hold of it, we got mixed up between that and the soundtrack for tutti frutti (a different john byrne series). Do you remember who it was that had a copy?

Comment

EEK! What I said before was entirely wrong. It is now clear to me that I WAS thinking about "Tutti Frutti", and it is only your mention of it that sorted my head out.

Sorry, I really do not recall who had a copy of it. It was a fair wee while ago now, and I think it was a member who has since left the message board.

If you have time, a search might bring the thread up for you, but, as I say, I now realise I was thinking of "Tutti Frutti" rather than YCH. I'm sorry for adding to the muddle.

Comment

Ah, now here is a person who did get his/her paws on a copy. In 2007, though, so I suppose it's a matter of luck if you will be able to contact Macloch.

I am happy to report that I now have;

I now have both Tutti Fruitti (2 dvds)

and Your Cheatin' Heart on (3 dvs) dvds.

Oh, and here's a little discussion of it that is, sadly, even older.

http://www.scotland.com/forums/music...=Cheatin+heart

Um, what can I say, apart from "best of luck in this quest"?

I think there might have been other threads about it too, but if there are, you will find them easily.

Comment

Your Cheatin Heart

I do not have the soundtrack, Sorry.

I only have dvds that were made from a VHS tape.
            macloch

Comment

I know this is an old post, but I came across it yesterday when I was looking for the name of the guy who plays the guitar in the band in YCH. I am sure he is the same guy who played on Sunshine on Leith, but I dont know who it is.
              Anyway, I have the CD of the soundtrack. If you still need a copy let me know.

Comment

YCH soundtrack musicians

Here is the information on the sound track.
                I also have the SUnshine on Leith, but at home.
                personnel

musicians
                singing characters
                Fraser Boyle sung by Ken Stott
                Cissie Crouch sung by Tilda Swinton
                Dorwood Crouch sung by Kevin McMonagle
                Jolene Jowett sung by Eddi Reader
                Billie McPhail sung by Katy Murphy
                The McPhail Sisters sung by Katy Murphy and Eddi Reader
                Jim Bob O’May sung by Guy Mitchell
                Roxanne sung by Maggie Bell
                Timberwolf Tierney sung by Tom Watson

other musicians
                Iain Bruce double bass
                B. J. Cole pedal steel guitar
                Jerry Donahue lead, rhythm and slide guitars
                Bob Loveday fiddle
                Michael Marra piano, guitar, backing vocals, percussion
                Dave Mattacks drums
                Robert Noakes acoustic guitar, dobro, backing vocals
                Fraser Speirs harmonica
                Geraint Watkins accordion, piano
                Pete Zorn bass guitar
                technical
                produced by : Robert Noakes and Michael Marra
                recorded by : Robin Rankin assisted by Gregor Reid at CAVA SoundWorkshops, Glasgow
                mixed by : ? at ?
                mastered by : ? at ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                tracks
                (Eddi involvement shown by character name in large blue typeface)
                1Cissie Crouch and The McPhail Sisters : Your cheatin’ heart (Hank Williams) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 3:00
                2Jim Bob O’May and The Wild Bunch : Jambalaya (Hank Williams) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:59
                3The McPhail Sisters : Don’t be cruel (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley) [Carlin Music] 2:35
                4Dorwood Crouch and The Deadwood Playboys : Always on my mind (Thompson/James/Christopher) [Screen Gems, EMI] 3:38
                5Roxanne and Timberwolf : Hey good lookin’ (Hank Williams) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:08
                6The McPhail Sisters : Quicksilver (Wyle/Pola/Taylor) [Chappell Morris] 2:56
                7Dorwood Crouch and The Deadwood Playboys : Running wild (Tom T. Hall) [Cop. Con] 2:33
                8Jolene Jowett : Deep water (Fred Rose) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:47
                9Jim Bob O’May and The Wild Bunch : Tennessee waltz (King/Stewart) [Campbell Connelly] 3:01
                10The Deadwood Playboys : You are my sunshine (Davis/Mitchell) [Southern Music] 1:57
                11Jolene Jowett : From a distance (Julie Gold) [Warner Chappell] 4:11
                12Jim Bob O’May and The Wild Bunch : Settin’ the woods on fire (Nelson/Rose) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:23
                13Dorwood Crouch and The Deadwood Playboys : Your cheatin’ heart (Hank Williams) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:54
                14Jolene Jowett : Half as much (Curley Williams) [Robbins Music] 2:25
                15Jim Bob O’May and The Wild Bunch : It keeps right on a hurtin’ (Tillotson) [Frank Music] 3:02
                16The Wild Bunch : Great balls of fire (Hammer/Blackwell) [Carlin Music] 1:55
                17The McPhail Sisters : The end of the world (Dee/Kent) [Mautoglade Music] 2:31
                18Dorwood Crouch and The Deadwood Playboys : Hello Mary Lou (Pitney) [Interworld Music/MCA Music] 2:25
                19Jim Bob O’May and The Wild Bunch : Singing the blues (Endsley) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:13
                20The McPhail Sisters : Just out of reach (V. F. Stewart) [Francis, Day & Hunter] 3:19
                21Dorwood Crouch and The Deadwood Playboys : Lovesick blues (Mills/Friend) [Lawrence Wright] 2:33
                22Cissie Crouch : Sleepless nights (B. & F. Bryant) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:42
                23Fraser Boyle : I can’t stop loving you (Don Gibson) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:54
                24Jolene Jowett : Runnin’ wild (Joseph W. Grey/Leo Wood/Arthur H. Gibbs) [EMI, United Partnerships] 1:48
                25Jim Bob O’May and The Wild Bunch : Your cheatin’ heart (Hank Williams) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 3:57
                26John Carmichael and his Scottish Dance Band : Your cheatin’ heart (Hank Williams) [Acuff Rose Opryland] 2:32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                macloch

Comment

@Agricola57
                  I realise it's a while since your last post but if you still have it I would absolutely LOVE a copy of this soundtrack on CD/MP3 - I've been looking for it for years. More than happy to cover expenses - let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X