The siege of Dunnottar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The siege of Dunnottar

Despite searching, i have yet to find a good novel about the siege of Dunnottar castle and rescue of the Scottish Crown jewels. There are lots of factual accounts but as yet, no fictional novel. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by Colin4 View Post
    Despite searching, i have yet to find a good novel about the siege of Dunnottar castle and rescue of the Scottish Crown jewels. There are lots of factual accounts but as yet, no fictional novel. Can anyone help?
    I'm not sure how it is, but I did a bit of looking and unless you want a love story set In the castle, there's not much. Try Dark Birthright Trilogy, Dark Lord, Dark Birthright, Jeanne Treat and see if it's too your liking. Book 2 is where the battle comes in I believe. It seems to be less bleeding heart, but there is definitely a bit of fiction involved. I think I'll give them a go and let you know

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Shell7 View Post
      I'm not sure how it is, but I did a bit of looking and unless you want a love story set In the castle, there's not much. Try Dark Birthright Trilogy, Dark Lord, Dark Birthright, Jeanne Treat and see if it's too your liking. Book 2 is where the battle comes in I believe. It seems to be less bleeding heart, but there is definitely a bit of fiction involved. I think I'll give them a go and let you know
      Hey that`s great, i`ll check out the site. I`m amazed that there is no historical fiction based on what is after all a great story. I`m sure i`ll like Jeanne Treat, i don`t mind a bit of love now and then Many thanks Shell7.

Comment

My pleasure! I love reading historical fiction! Must be why I liked Outlander

Comment

Working...
        X