The Angels' Share

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Angels' Share

Everyone I know who has seen this film has loved it and raved about it. The thing is, all the people I know who have seen it are Scottish.

Does anyone know how the picture is going down in England..... or the States, for that matter.

never heard of it
    Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YerMaw View Post
      never heard of it

its been out for ages and was well advertised here.

was quite good, nothing brilliant

dunno what the reaction was like elsewhere tho

Comment

Isn't this the evaporated portion of whisky?

If it's a film or something, I've never heard of it.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

It won the Jury Prize in the Cannes Film Festival last year, and the NY Times gave it a good review, but I don't think the movie was played nationwide here in the US. It opened in Manhattan, in April, and perhaps a few other major cities ran it, but certainly not in the smaller cities and towns. Limited release I would say.

It came out on DVD here August 13th. It's also available on Amazon...what isn't though...and I am waiting for my copy to arrive. Should be an interesting watch I think. I hear the dialogue is subtitled because of the thick Glaswegian brogues of some of the actors.
          Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
            Isn't this the evaporated portion of whisky?

If it's a film or something, I've never heard of it.
            Maybe if it had been retitled 'Scotch Missed' the Yanks might have shown an interest

Comment

Originally posted by maxkirk View Post
              Maybe if it had been retitled 'Scotch Missed' the Yanks might have shown an interest
              Maybe if it had had a wider release here and some promotion there might have been more interest, maybe not. I shouldn't imagine it would be every American's cup of tea either way.
              Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X