Favorite Comedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV: I love Ab Fab and the original Whose Line is it Anyway

The cartoon Family Guy always cracks me up. I think because it's so dumb.

And I saw a few episodes of Little Britain while I was in Scotland. My brother and I almost wet ourselves laughing. This show was one of the funniest I've ever seen.

Comment

Here is one site about them

Re: The Two Ronnies...

This site and several other sites have programs here is one I found.

http://www.tvheaven.ca/tworonnies.htm

I also loved David Allen...he used to smoke on stage...and crack irish jokes...my favorite was this priest listening to someone's confession...the person inside was confessing to the most henious list of things and it went on and on...finally the priest does his ablutions for the supplicant and the supplicant leaves the booth...the guy inside was a priest...and the 2 priests change places so the first one can do his......lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Allen_(comedian)

Originally posted by kathyv
      I don't remember the 2 Ronnies, but I should add Red Green to my list! Oh man is he funny! That's our Saturday night laugh. The hubby and I watch him before heading off to sleep, makes a good thing to drift off too! heeheehee

Who thinks up his 'inventions'? LOL

We still get some of the old Carol Burnett show, it's on the satellite, on the tvland station. They have it chopped into half hour segments but at least show the sketches, Mama's Family, the secretary, the soap opera spoofs and the commercial spoofs. . . they are too funny but on pretty late, if I can't sleep, I'll come down and watch them and give myself a good reason to have insomnia! LOL
      What is the use of intelligence when one lacks compassion for the life around oneself? And what is the point of beauty, when one's heart isn't one's loveliest feature?

Comment

A tv show I forgot to mention.
        Men Behaving Badly (the British version not the American)
        Anyone seen it? If you haven't I highly recommend it.
        Humanity is my religion

Comment

My favorite skit was Tim Conway pretending to be a monkey picking lice out of Carols hair lol! and his old man shuffling along C-o-m-i-n-g..
          I forgot Sahara...
          Mork and Mindy I haven't seen for years...not even a rerun....
          Alf ...my brother use to drag his furry Alf doll everywhere .... He wore the fur off the back of his head from dragging him on the ground lol! Not that he would ever admit he had a furry creature EVER!

Originally posted by victorrey
          TV
          A whole new category of comedy that is amazing.
          Carol Burnett is definetly way up there on my list. I have to say I've always perfered the ones with Tim Conway more though. Well that and when one of them would do something so funny the others would start laughing and still trying to continue the skit they were in. Other shows would have to be
          Monty Python's flying circus
          Red Dwarf (seasons 1-4)
          Black Adder 1&2 are my faves but they are all great
          Mr. Bean
          Thin Blue Line (yeah I'm a bit of an Atkinson fan)
          Whose Line is it anyway (the original)
          Mork & Mindy
          3rd Rock from the sun
          and Coupling
          What is the use of intelligence when one lacks compassion for the life around oneself? And what is the point of beauty, when one's heart isn't one's loveliest feature?

Comment

I never liked Alf.
            Alf was the only animal I would condon skinning. There was just something about him that really bugged me.
            Mork & Mindy I have on tape from the last time they ran reruns like 5 or 6 years ago, I would love to buy it on DVD though.
            Tim Conway has just always made me laugh, granted I have my faves though.
            Humanity is my religion

Comment

Working...
            X