Favorite Comedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Comedies

I just watched the Australian film "The Man who sued God", I heard it was a true story. It is hilarious and deep at the same time. Anyone else see it?

Favorite Comedies,

Notting Hill
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Bridget Jones Diary
    To Fu Manchu with Love Julie Newmar....come to mind....I will think of more
    What is the use of intelligence when one lacks compassion for the life around oneself? And what is the point of beauty, when one's heart isn't one's loveliest feature?

My favorite comedies, wow this is really difficult because it's my favorite genre too.

City Lights
    Defending Your Life
    Big
    The Sure Thing
    You've Got Mail
    Sixteen Candles
    Private Eyes
    When Harry Met Sally
    Gold Rush
    Arthur

I better stop at 10 or I could go on for days. lol
    Humanity is my religion

Comment

I find this hard to choose just a few of my favorites.. two that come directly to mind are Spaceballs and The Full Monty.

My mind tends to go blank the minute I try to think of my favorite comedies while I'm sitting at my computer.

It's not one of my "favorites" but the last movie that made me laugh almost all the way through was the Wedding Crashers.

Comment

I like most of the ones previously listed, I'll add Amazon Women on the Moon, Airplane, A Fish Called Wanda, The Jerk, Blazing Saddles, The Big Lebowski...I could probably type all day, but I'll end it there.
        Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free market are corollaries.- Ayn Rand

Comment

Caddyshack.. one of the best comedies of all time.

Comment

I like all of yours too. But there is one that I thought we definetly have to add. Office Space.
            Humanity is my religion

Comment

Office Space is absolutely hillarious. I saw them film the scene where they smash the copier, it was quite funny! Reminds me to mention Dazed and Confused- I recall watching that one being filmed and thinking 'who the heck is Matthew McConaughey?'
              Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free market are corollaries.- Ayn Rand

Comment

Am I the only one who enjoyed 'Dumb and Dumber'? I can watch it over and over again. For intellectual credibility, I'll also add 'The Life of Brian'. And 'The Rutles'. And 'Spinal Tap'.
                I did that joke in Alabama, and these three rednecks met me after the show. "Mister Funnyman, c'mere. Hey buddy, we're Christians and we don't like what you said." I said, 'Then forgive me.' - Bill Hicks

Comment

Life of Brian is definetly another one of my all time favorites. Then again I'm also really big on anything by Monty Python.
                  Humanity is my religion

Comment

Dumb and Dumber- I swear I laugh every time at the line 'Austria! Well then, g'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!' And The Life of Brian- intellectual classic indeed, 'He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.'

Comment

Grumpy old Men and Even grumpier old men movies....I think the Walter Matthau and Sophia Loren one was the most hilarious....
                      My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Johnny English and all the Mr. Bean movies

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Cool Runnings- still one of my all time favorites

Chocolat are a few more that I can think of..

Originally posted by Not_Just_DNA
                      Dumb and Dumber- I swear I laugh every time at the line 'Austria! Well then, g'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!' And The Life of Brian- intellectual classic indeed, 'He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.'
                      What is the use of intelligence when one lacks compassion for the life around oneself? And what is the point of beauty, when one's heart isn't one's loveliest feature?

Comment

Movies
                        My Big Fat Greek Wedding
                        The Producers (The real one with Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel)
                        Blazing Saddles
                        Robin Hood, Men in Tights (TiGHt Tights!)
                        Young Frankenstien
                        History of the World Part 1
                        {Does anyone else notice a sick trend toward Mel Brooks?}
                        Monty Python's Holy Grail
                        Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

TV
                        Keeping Up Appearances
                        Dad
                        As Time Goes By
                        Two and a half Men
                        Monty Python's Flying Circus
                        Frasier

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Forgot about the Robin Hood one...that was hilarious!

TV: Last of the Summer Wine (I get a kick out of those old people lol!)
                          Absolutely Fabulous
                          Friends
                          The ones you have Kathy and I miss the two Ronnies...remember them?
                          Alas Carol Burnett is gone too...
                          The Red Green show

Originally posted by kathyv
                          Movies

Robin Hood, Men in Tights (TiGHt Tights!)

TV
                          Keeping Up Appearances
                          Dad
                          As Time Goes By
                          Two and a half Men
                          Monty Python's Flying Circus
                          Frasier

Comment

I don't remember the 2 Ronnies, but I should add Red Green to my list! Oh man is he funny! That's our Saturday night laugh. The hubby and I watch him before heading off to sleep, makes a good thing to drift off too! heeheehee

Who thinks up his 'inventions'? LOL

We still get some of the old Carol Burnett show, it's on the satellite, on the tvland station. They have it chopped into half hour segments but at least show the sketches, Mama's Family, the secretary, the soap opera spoofs and the commercial spoofs. . . they are too funny but on pretty late, if I can't sleep, I'll come down and watch them and give myself a good reason to have insomnia! LOL

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

TV
                              A whole new category of comedy that is amazing.
                              Carol Burnett is definetly way up there on my list. I have to say I've always perfered the ones with Tim Conway more though. Well that and when one of them would do something so funny the others would start laughing and still trying to continue the skit they were in. Other shows would have to be
                              Monty Python's flying circus
                              Red Dwarf (seasons 1-4)
                              Black Adder 1&2 are my faves but they are all great
                              Mr. Bean
                              Thin Blue Line (yeah I'm a bit of an Atkinson fan)
                              Whose Line is it anyway (the original)
                              Mork & Mindy
                              3rd Rock from the sun
                              and Coupling
                              Humanity is my religion

Comment

Working...
                              X