No announcement yet.

Scottish Romance Novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desert-rose- I'm on my vacation, I started and have almost finished 'Men in Kilts'. You will Love it- there I was on the plane, laughing so hard I was crying. It's a riot, it's just how I imagine I would be if a good-looking Scot paid attention to me. So funny.
    Predictability is the sign of a stagnant mind.

Comment

• Scotslass

Glad you are on your vacation. You've got me excited about reading "Men in Kilts" now. I just gotta get through all the DG books first so I don't forget who's who and what's going on. Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and to everyone else!

Comment

• Hello to all. I just finished reading Born in Sin. About to start Lynn Kurland's This Is All I Ask. Hope you're all doing well.

Comment

• Dee -- I heard that Born in Sin is a really good book.

I am still working on Drums of Autumn. Been doing other things instead of reading, shame on me! However, I did buy another book! This one was Highland Groom by Hannah Howell. I almost have all her books! Still working on that before I start on her.

Comment

• Desert Rose - Yes, Born in Sin was great. I also finished reading two other books by Lynn Kurland. Just stared on one by Linda Howard called Son of the Morning. Its looking really good so far. It deals with the Knights of the Templar.

Here's wishing you all a gread Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Sigh! And one day I will get to my Lynn Kurland books too.

Hope everyone has a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Hi All

Just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Havent had much time to read lately! Hope everyone is enjoying your books.

Dee you will love This Is All I Ask, its a wonderfull book.

Ok thats all for now. Jens

Comment

• I finally finished "Men in Kilts"- so cute, now I'm on "Loving the Highlander".

Have a great holiday, girls.

Comment

• Good morning ladies- hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, and all tummies are full of turkey.

I finished Janet Chapmans' Highlanders time travel series about the Scots in Maine- love those guys. I have one by Hannah Howell called Highland Bride to start on.

What are the rest of you reading now?

Comment

• Hello ladies! Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I did! Now onto Christmas! Got my tree and decorations up and presents all wrapped! I feel good about that. Been working on a painting too that needs to be done for Christmas. So in other words, I have done very little reading. I did read some last night in Drums of Autumn (yeah, still in it) and I was shocked to read where Roger was in the library and came across an article where he had read of Jamie and Claire's death! I was so horrified! I don't want them to die!

Scotslass, you read Fiery Cross. People I have talked to said they didn't like that book as well. That it went too slow. What was your most favorite DG and least favorite book? Have you read the Lord John Grey book yet?

I have three of Janet Chapman's books and I have Highland Bride by Hannah Howell. That is part of a series but I couldn't tell you in what order. I get told differently by different people!

Hope all is well. Heard from Talisien and she is in the process of moving to the Bahamas! All is going well with her and she says hi!

Hello to everyone!

Comment

• desert-rose- actually I think Fiery Cross is my favorite, I knew all the characters by then and had figured out what was going on. I don't know that I'll get the Lord john grey book.

Comment

• Scotslass!

So Fiery Cross was your favorite then. Well that is encouraging. I talked to someone who was going to buy the LJG book and she was skimming through it to only come across John Grey having sex with a man! Now she and I both are not against gay people, but she like I, don't particularly want to read about it. but then I guess we did when we read Outlander about Jamie and Jack Randall, eh? I prefer to read historical romance books and what I perceive them to be, so I am questioning whether I want to get the John Grey book. Although, I probably will. But I have so many other books I want to read first!

Comment

• Hi, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I finished reading both Lynn Kurland books, This is All I ask and A Garden in the Rain. A Garden in the Rain was my favorite of those two. The Linda Howard one (Son of the Morning) I also finished reading, it wasn't a bodice ripper but it does fall under the Romance category (sort of). Its also a little on the suspence side. I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Hi All!

I'm still stuffed from Thanksgiving and didnt have much time to read over the holiday. I'm a quarter of the way through A Garden in the Rain and half way through Dragon Fly in Amber. Desert rose wish I could be as productive as you. I have some Christmas shopping done but no tree or decorations. I wanted to say that out of the whole Outlander series I thought the Fiery Cross the slowest still liked it but its my least favorite. I can also say I hope they make a trip back to Scotland soon. I'm going to add some of the books that I saw on the last post to my list. Well I'm going to try and get some reading in now.
                              Hope all of you are enjoying your books or just enjoying your time.................... Jens

Comment

• I finished Hanah Howell's Highland Bride- very sexy. Has anyone else noticed that the romance books are pushing the envelope more and more, as to what is in the sex scenes. Not that I'm complaning, but they seem to be getting raunchier every few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X