No announcement yet.

Scottish Romance Novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I just love Julie Garwood! Have enjoyed her books immensely.

I am just interested in your Scot books or probably easier for you, a list of authors who write Scottish romance. I am making out a list for myself for when I go to the used book store.

I am only a few pages away from finishing my current book. Gee! I could have probably finished it last night but I had to stop so I could make sure and get up in the morning. Just when I go to put the book down, something else will come up in it to happen and then I am stuck reading it somemore. It reminds me a lot of the Karen Marie Moning series in that it is about twin brothers (Highlanders) back in 1689. One book, The Legend, is written about one twin brother and then the book, The Destiny, is written about the other brother. So it is a series. I like them when the authors make series out of them because sometimes I just don't want the book to end!

Comment

ha ha

I know how that is...I love series books!!! you get so use to the characters that you want them to find true love too!! we are such romantics!! ha ha Sorry I still haven't gotten around to the list yet...had to finish my book!!! ha ha

Comment

I just finished my book, The Legend by Kathleen Givens! The last part of the book was classic but I won't give the ending away as you need to read it.

The back of the book says this:

Twin brothers. Two warriors. And the Highland prophecy that bound them both to battle, glory, and the two fiery women they dared to love. It's a time of portents, when a tree is split by the fiery crack of lightening foretells the history of a land. And two lovers have been chosen by destiny to make the legend come true. She is Ellen Graham, a highborn lass who swears never to marry except for passion. He is James MacCurrie, the mysterious Highlander with dark blue eyes who rescues her from the point of a sword. But the very fate that has brought them together also contrives to keep them apart. For this is also an age of brother fighting brother, when a warrior's cold will can still the warmth of his own loving heart...........

How was your book? Did you enjoy it?

Comment

oooh that sounds good!!

My book was good too, but after I finished it I realized it is a series book and that was the last one!! can you believe it? now I have to go back and read the ones before it...even though I basically already know what is going to happen..grrr...

Comment

I didn't know my book was a series book either, but thankfully I read the first one first! That is awful that you read the last one first!...grr! I have so many books here that I have bought at the used book store that I have had to put on hold because they are series books and I need to read the ones to go before them first! Sheesh!

So what are you going to read next?

I think I am going to read Master of the Highlands by Sue-Ellen Welfonder. The back reads like this:

No lass is less suited for the convent than strong-willed Madeline Drummond. No man is a poorer candiate for penance than hot-tempereed Iain MacLean. But Madeline is posing as a nun -- long enough to take revenge on a murderous villain. And Iain is dutifully bringing a family relic to a holy shrine -- as the price for his reckless ways. When the fiery Highlander and the fearless lady meet, pretenses are shed like lovers' clothes and vows of chastity are scorched by a single kiss. Posing as a husband and wife, the two firebrands join forces to reclaim Madeline's ancestral home. And she may soon wonder whether tis a blessing or a curse to be the one true love of the Master of the Highlands! Sigh....

Comment

ooohhh...steamy....

That one sounds interesting...Well I just bought two books from Wal-Mart...they dont have much of a selection but I was desperate for some reading, and they dont cost to much either!! ha ha They arent Scottish romances but I felt like some English "ton" reading!!
              The first one is called Fool For Love, by Eloisa James. Here is the back...
              The Woman
              Lady Henrietta Maclellan longs for the romantic swirl of a London season. But as a rusticating country maiden, she has always kept her sensuous mature firmly under wraps-until she meets Simon Darby. Simon makes her want to whisper promies late at night, exchange kisses on a balcony, receive illicit love notes. So Henrietta lets her imagination soar and writes...
              The Letter
              A very steamy love letter that becomes shockingly public. Everyone supposes that he has written it to her, but truth hardly matters in the face of the scandal to come if they don't marry at once. But nothing has quite prepared Henrietta for the pure sensuality of...
              The Man
              Simon has vowed he will never turn himself into a fool over a woman. So, while debutantes swoon as he disdainfully strides past the lovely ladies of the ton, he ignores them all...until Henrietta. Could it be possible that he has been the foolish one all along?----oooohhh huh?
              The other is called To Sir Phillip, With Love, by Julia Quinn....
              My dear Miss Bridgerton,
              WE have been corresponding now for quite some time, and although we have never formally met, I feel as if I know you. Forgive me if I am too bold, but I am writing to invite you to visit me. It is my hope that we might decide that we will suit, and you will consent to be my wife.
              -Sir Phillip Crane
              Sir Phillip knew that Eloise Bridgerton was a spinster, and so he'd proposed, figuring that she'd be homely and unassuming, and more than a little desperate for an offer of marriage. Except...she wasn't. The beautiful woman on his doorstep was anything but quiet, and when she stopped tlaking long enough to close her mouth, all he wanted to do was kiss her...and more.
              Did he thnk she was mad? Eloise Bridgerton couldn't marry a man she had never met! But then she started thinking...and wondering...and before she knew it, she was in a hired carrige in the middle of the night, on her way to meet the man she hoped might be her perfect match. Except...he wasn't. Her perfect husband wouldn't be so moody and ill-mannered, and while Phillip was certainly handsome, he was large brute of a man, rough and rugged, and totally unlike the London gentlemen vying for her hand. But when he smiled...and when he kissed her...the rest of the world simply fell away, and she couldn't help but wonder...could this imperfect man be perfect for her?

Wow long post there...so which should I read first? ha ha

Comment

Wow! That last one sounds good! I would read that one first, hee hee!

I was in Safeway this morning and found two more books too!

The first one is Heart of the Sea by Nora Roberts. It is part three and conclusion of an Irish trilogy romance.

The Scottish romance one is by Claire Delacroix.

The Scoundrel
                It is true that I acted boldly, brazenly, wantonly....and I confess, I have only myself to blame. I knew what sort of a man I was dealing with. Knew Gawain Lammergeier was a rogue and a thief. Yet when I schemed to seduce him and reclaim what was rightfully mine, I never imagined that I would succumb to the charms of this reckless golden-haired scoundrel.... Lady Evangeline of Inverfyre, Scotland

I love historical romance! That is my favorite!

Comment

ahhh romance...

I love historical romances too!!! I visited my mom today, and we went to the library because she said they have books for sell there. Well I walked away with six books for $5.00!! can you believe that?!?! ha ha I am set for a while!!! I picked up the ones that they had on Scotland, so later when I am not so tired I will give you the name and info. Sorry I have been reading one of my books and I just wanted to check my email before I went to bed. I will tell you tomorrow though, and give you the list from my library. Isn't it so funny how we can have a discussion about this?! ha ha

Comment

Scottish Authors

Hi Bubleduck! I have my list ready of Scottish authors that I thought I would share with you. here they are:

Connie Brockway
                    Janet Chapman
                    Catherine Coulter*
                    Jude Devereaux
                    Christina Dodd
                    Shannon Drake*
                    Donna Fletcher
                    Diana Gabaldon
                    Julie Garwood*
                    Kathleen Givens*
                    Lois Greiman
                    Hannah Howell
                    Sherilyn Kenyon
                    Lynn Kurland
                    Kinley MacGregor
                    Maura McKenzie
                    Karen Marie Moning*
                    Amanda Scott
                    Sue-Ellen Welfonder

The ones with astericks are the authors that I have read at least one book by. So if there is anybody on your list that is not on mine, feel free to share.

I think I told you that I ordered more books yesterday on half.com ebay. I live in a small town and it is worth it for me to just order them on there rather than drive an hour away to the nearest used book store. Plus, I always find what I want on there.

Yeah, I think it is cool to be able to have a discussion about this. Wish others would join us! I did invite a friend of mine and hopefully she will join us too! She is the one who loves time travel.

I haven't started my new book yet, boo hoo. but hope to real soon!

Comment

Diana Gabaldon

Hiya,

How are you doing Desert-Rose, long time no speak!!!

I have read all the Diana Gabaldon books in the serious and I would love to discuss them if that's ok with you guys????

Comment

Scottish-Lassie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you been? I am sooooo excited to hear from you! I had to change my email addy and lost contact with some people, including you. I have really missed talking to you! I hope that you are doing well!

I wish I could discuss Diana Gabaldon, but I just ordered her books last week. There are others on here who are have read them and I have a friend who I am trying to get on here who has read them all too. She is a bit shy, but with some coaxing, I think I can get here in here.

Let's get back in touch, Scottish-Lassie! Take care!

Comment

Re: Scottish Authors

Originally posted by desert-rose
                          Hi Bubleduck! I have my list ready of Scottish authors that I thought I would share with you. here they are:

Connie Brockway
                          Janet Chapman
                          Catherine Coulter*
                          Jude Devereaux
                          Christina Dodd
                          Shannon Drake*
                          Donna Fletcher
                          Diana Gabaldon
                          Julie Garwood*
                          Kathleen Givens*
                          Lois Greiman
                          Hannah Howell
                          Sherilyn Kenyon
                          Lynn Kurland
                          Kinley MacGregor
                          Maura McKenzie
                          Karen Marie Moning*
                          Amanda Scott
                          Sue-Ellen Welfonder

The ones with astericks are the authors that I have read at least one book by. So if there is anybody on your list that is not on mine, feel free to share.
                          Well we basically have about the same authors but here are some others that I have...
                          Marsha Canham
                          Susan Carroll
                          Elaine Coffman
                          Geralyn Dawson
                          Virginia Henley
                          Teresa Medeiros*
                          Ciji Ware --Island of the swans---great historical
                          Joan Johnston
                          Susan King
                          Johanna Lidsey

so here you go...enjoy

Comment

Oh my! Thank you for your list! Are they all authors of Scottish romance? I am being very prejudiced right now, sorry! I wrote them all down and added them to my list! Thank you so very much!

Comment

ha ha ....

Yes they are, I made sure to only get the ones that take place in Scotland....do you know how hard that was? I had to read the back of every book I have to see if Scotland was mentioned, I forgot half of them, I have so many books. I felt like I was in a book store because I would read the back of one and go, I don't remember reading this, it sounds interesting...so I would put it aside to read later..ha ha But have you tried the bookrak? It is a non-club book club. they send you monthly things of the new books out, and they are also cheaper too. I was going through this months catalog and I found two new names for you to add to your list....Elizabeth Thorton, and Janeen O'Kerry. Sorry I cant remember it they were on your list or not, but you should try this online....www.bookrak.com

Comment

Desert Rose new addy

So glad that you want to stay in touch!!! I had e-mailed you a couple of times but now I know why you didn't reply (thought you had fallen out with me!).

My addy is the same as before so if you would like to mail me, I would love to hear from you.

I must try some of the authors that you and Bubbleduck have mentioned as the only Scottish Romance books I have read are the Diana Gabaldon ones. I e-mailed her once to tell her I loved the books and she replied and was very nice.

Whereabouts are you from Bubbleduck?

Comment

Working...
                                X