Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlander...the film?

Hi everybody!
    Just thought you would like to know that some film company has bought the rights to 'Outlander' already some time ago. However nothing else has been said, so I guess there still searching for the right actors.
    There have been some ideas, but I don't think they're very good. I can only hope that if they really make a film it's gonna be a good one!

Comment

• Originally posted by desert-rose
      I have wondered the very same thing about why they don't make movies out of these books! Someone told me recently that they made a movie out of one of Julie Garwood's books and that it didn't turn out well at all. And some people think it ruins the book, because you already have it imagined in your head what the characters look like and all. but I still would love to see movies made of these books. I would love to see their clothing and the castles and how they are decorated inside. I think it would be fabulous!

Speaking of fabulous, Talisien, I absolutely love your new sig!!!!!!!!!! Wowee! That is the best one I have seen by far of anybody's. Just truly awesome!
      Ah well, A thousand thanks!!!
      I just thought that it would be cooler to do more like an avatar than just a picture. On the forums where my sister normally posts they all have avatars like that, but smaller. Some of them change them all they time....but I'll think I'll stick with this one a bit longer.
      I'm so glad I know who to work with adobe!!!

Comment

• Well I wish they would make it but maybe their waiting for her to finish that whole series and then make more then one movie!
        pattycakes

Comment

• Originally posted by pattycakes
          Well I wish they would make it but maybe their waiting for her to finish that whole series and then make more then one movie!
          That's possible, who knows. I wish they would film like the did Lord of the Rings. Real Epic and every part 5 hours long! But I'm kinda worried what they'll make out of it.

Comment

• hey maybe they well make more then three movies for her series maybe a movie for each book!!!!
            pattycakes

Comment

• They certainly should! I'm only doubtful as to the actors. The have to find the right Jamie and that's not gonna be too easy. I think they should take somebody unknown. I'll surf the net tonight a bit and see if I can find out more. LOL

Comment

• Well what about Orlando? I think they'll probably go with an unknown but my gosh there sure are a lot of good looking me in LOTR moives!!!! Halidor is one of my favorites!
                pattycakes

Comment

• Outlander -- The Film

Wow! That is terrific news! We have something to look forward to. I can't imagine any actors right now who would fit the bill, but I will think of some too. Orlando Bloom would be good.

I am starting to make some headway into my Outlander book. Enjoying it very much, but I still have further to go. Haven't gotten into any supposedly steamy parts yet.

Comment

• Love your signature really beautiful farie! Oh don't worry there are a lot of steamy pages just keep on reding!!!!!!!!
                    pattycakes

Comment

• I can only agree with pattycakes!
                      I hope you are enjoying your book I'm done with mine and until I'll order something I'll probably read the Secret from Julie Garwood. Since you guys have talked about her quite a lot I expect it to be good!
                      Right now I'm just browsing through some scottish fairy tales.

Comment

• Scottihs fairy tales ok where where and by who!
                        pattycakes

Comment

• Oh it's a collection of different fairy tales, like THomas the Rhymer, Legend of the Heather Ale and such...My favourite is Tam Lin! But that's because I've worked with the material of the story for nearly four years now.

Comment

• So where can I find the book and what is the title.
                            pattycakes

Comment

• I'm not sure if you can order them over the net, I bought mine in Oban. One is 'Scottish folk and fairy tales' from the Penguin Popular Classics, and the other is 'Scottish fairy tales' from Lomond books. They're ever so cheap but offer a nice selection of different stories.

Comment

• Well I'm still hoping to make it to Scotland next year if things work out for me so maybe I could look for the books then. I'm a great fan of fairy tales.
                                pattycakes

Comment

Working...
                                X