Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Like "Brave Heart" (The Movie)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Like "Brave Heart" (The Movie)?

I think it's the best scottish love/action/drama
    movie ever. I think Mel Gibson looked quite sexy in a
    kilt,If I do say so myself The movie is so good, I could
    watch It over and over again.Anyways.... Let me know what you guys think and reply back. Thanx

A.G.

Braveheart isn't a Scottish film. it's an American film. and, as an Englishman, i would like to say that we kicked his butt at the end.

Comment

Hi agstormysky!
      First of all let me say that I love braveheart!!! It's one of the best movies I've ever seen and it still touches me everytime. However I must agree with tenshi that it was an american film. There are also some historical facts twisted and turned to way holywood wanted to, especially the character of William Wallace is often said to have been protrayed quite wrongly. But after all one shouldn't forget that it is still a movie and has to entertain!

Comment

Braveheart? Ah,yes. I am a devout- fan of Braveheart. I watch it once to twice a day, and now I know almost all of the words. My mom and sister tell me to stop watching it b/c im driving them crazy(well my sister kinda likes it)and my mom doesnt like it because it's 'too gory' and eveeeen one time my neighbour heard me yelling along with the movie...tee hee hee hoo hooo hoo humm humm hummm rumba rrumba grrrrrrraaaarar rara.My grandpa really likes Braveheart. We watch it together every now and then... and it makes me soooooooooooooooo mad when people say they hate it!Someone actually told me that before. I cried.I threw myself to the ground. I beat myself up. I flushed myself down the toilet..well not really but I did get mad. Well, im going to stop going on and on. Ta-ta!!
        Ashlynn.Everybody Loves Ashlynn.

Comment

Its a good film but the story is warped.
          Robert de Brus never betrayed William Wallace, infact the whole movie is warped.......it made me hate the english a bit more though

Comment

I think this thread should be in the lit & film forum..

I liked the movie very much!

Comment

FREEDOM!!

i love braveheart! its the closet thing us U.S.Aians get to the scottish! its really a great film! but one thing, did he and that princess chick really have sex and all that stuff? cuz that seemed a little strange to me. have any of you ever seen the movie " match maker"? it takes place in ireland, or for you Tenshi "eyeland" its really great, i saw it like 2 years ago and now i can't find it anywhere and i've been going crazy trying to find it. aaaahhhhhh... hehe, anyways.. FREEDOM!
              kati de brus, haha

Comment

I don't believe there is any evidence that William Wallace ever slept with the princess and fathered a King of England.
                "Pure religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." (James 1:27)

www.personal.psu.edu/bmd175

Comment

hey

hey, thanks for the clear up, i guess they wouldn't since england and william were such archenemies... but its still a great movie! have u ever seen the movie matchmaker?? thats a great one too!
                  kati <><

Comment

as far as i know the princess in question was only a baby at the time. so fairly unlikely. braveheart was ok as a movie but definetley not historical in many ways. but if watched as a comedy i think it works.

Comment

wow... you must know alot about history to want to watch it as a comedy! are you into scotish history??
                      kati <><

Comment

I liked BraveHeart, lots of swords. It really was a shame that Gibson's accent didnt sound real.. Well, I know it ISNT real, but it couldve been better. And a little connection to Lord of The Rings,William Wallaces buddy (forgot his name)looks a bit like a very tall Gimli doesnt he?

Comment

BRAVE HEART

The movie is great and show to us the power and what you can do qhe you have something to believe and fight for!!!
                          What about Rob Roy, with Liam Neeson????
                          Both movies are great and beside that, show us wonderfull landscapes in Scotland.

Comment

braveheart

I cannot believe that so many people like this film. COmplete and utter sentimental crap, it twists the facts to fit Hollywood's formulas, resulting in a disgusting historical travesty. If you know even a bit about Scotland and its past you can only be repulsed by such a sugar-coated Disney-fied confection aimed at the lowest levels of taste and education. BAH!!

PS Mel Gibson can't act, has a crap accent and not even a kilt can save him!

free Scotland!!

Comment

BRAVEHEART

Braveheart is absolute nonsense both historically and in the way it portrays William Wallace. He never wore a kilt
                              as scottish lowlanders did not were kilts he did not go around with his face painted blue and although he travelled to many countries in Europe there is absolutely no evidence that he was involved in in attack in York in England. he was joint leader of the scottish army at the battle of stirling bridge along with Andrew De Moray who disappears from the story in this peace of fictious nonsense.
                              Randall Wallace who wrote this story came to Scotland and found that very few people in scotland know anything about their history a result of three hundred years of English conditioning. (these English are best in the world when it comes to covering up the truth. Despite my criticism of the
                              film I would like to point out that I am a great supporter of scotlands national hero William Wallace. If you want more historical accuracy you need to get yourself a copy of Tales of a Grandfather By SIR WALTER SCOTT a detailed history of scotland. The real story of William Wallace is even better than this Braveheart nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                              X