Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing a dog's name

Hello!

I am new to this board, so bear with me. Last night, my husband and I rescued a puppy from the Humane Society. We don't have her yet as she is going to be spayed. We are trying to come up with names for her. We are looking for some Gaelic names. I am hoping that one of you out there could give us some help. She appears to be a Heeler (not sure if Blue or Red).

BTW - my lineage consists of MacGregor(Scottish for sure) and McClure(Irish or Scottish? I'm not sure). My maiden name is Fox which I assume is English. I also have Crider(Prussian).

Any help that you can give would be most appreciated.

Thank you very much and have a GREAT ONE!!!

PS - my email address is: [email protected] Feel free to email me your suggestions.
    Thanks!
    reformed_druid

A Dogs name

The most famous MacGregor was Rob Roy so you could call it that or "Rob" or "Roy".

Comment

Thank you for the response...

The dog in question is female. I'm sorry, but I don't think that Rob Roy or Rob would work. I'm looking for something more like "Flora McDonald" (already taken by a friend with a Border Collie - don't want to step on toes). I am not that literate about Scottish history - I apologize because I am a HUGE FAN. What about Celtic names? Anyone out there have one?

Thank you very much and have a GREAT ONE!!!

Missy
      reformed_druid

Comment

Hope you have

A name for you wee doggie by now.I just read your post. I have a wee westie her name is Caillea or in Gaelic it is Cailleach which is old woman.

Comment

here ya go hope it helps

http://www.kabalarians.com/female/gaelic-f.htm

Comment

if all else fails, there's always Lassie

Comment

Working...
            X