Gaelic- Does it still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mhairi,
    The context is,this is a response to your previous post in this thread regarding which language William Wallace spoke.I thought some clarification might be useful although having re read your post I see I misunderstood your meaning.

Comment

Ok now I understand you.
      No, and in fact I don't care if he spoke French or Scots or Gaelic or maybe Japanese, it doesn't matter and it doesn't make him a different person. It was only an example, to show that it's stupid to argue like this and try to find a proof why Gaelic and not Scots, or why Scots and not gaelic, is the native language of Scotland by showing several famous groups or persons who spoke this or that language.
      Live and let live...accept and be accepted.

Comment

we scots are famed 4 argueing about trivial things!
        gaelic-scots
        balliol-bruce
        it doesnt matter!
        willie

Comment

AHMEN, to that Maddog
          bojo& my sweet ol' Sheltie "GINGE"

Comment

*GRIN*
            Live and let live...accept and be accepted.

Comment

Gaelic

A little while ago I tried to learn Irish. I'm a tiny bit Scottish and I'm doing a report on Scotland. I've noticed that Scots Gaelic and Irish are very similar, even more similar than Spanish is to Portuguese. For example the word for the Irish language in Irish is "Gáeilge" and the word for Scots Gaelic is "Gaehlig". I'm not sure if there is an accent on the "a" in the Irish word or not, so I put it there anyway. Both words are pronounced exactly the same, yet spelled totally differently. They are both great languages though.

Comment

Working...
              X