No announcement yet.

A'Bheurla Ghallda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound to whom? Tha sinn a' cabadaich mu dheidhinn a Bheurla Ghallda an seo. Were discussing Lowland Scots here. I have written to Nicola Sturgeon complaining about the group that were making that claim on facebook and would like to see more people speaking Gaelic and more spending.

Comment

The Scots Language Centre section on Glaswegian.

Comment

haha

im no sure nicola has much clout on facebook to be honest....though ill mention it to her the next time i see here.

so if its now lowland scots then why would a city not in the lowlands want to promote it exactly?

your changing your tune post after post in an attempt to find something to moan about.

if you want to promote scots then by all means do so.....in its original form not in your own made up form that your expecting everyone else to follow.

as ive said many many times to you...its just no gonna happen

Comment

It was more of a gesture to be honest.

Comment

Its original form is being diluted by Eastenders and other soaps... jings

Comment

aye so it says in the herald.....and thats all youve got to go on isnt it?

anyhoo....off to the pub i go...you just talk to yourself for the rest of the night cause by the look of it no one else is interested

Comment

Th-fronting in the speech of working-class adolescents in Glasgow was reported in 1998, provoking public as well as academic interest. The finding of th-fronting in Glaswegian creates a difficulty for models of language change which hinge on dialect contact associated with geographical mobility since the Glaswegian speakers who used [f] most in the 1997 sample are also those with the lowest geographical mobility. In addition, TH-fronting was reported as "a relatively new phenomenon" in Edinburgh in March 2013.

English Language and Linguistics - Labiodental fronting of /θ/ in London and Edinburgh: a cross-dialectal study - Cambridge Journals Online

Comment

Working...
                X