BBC Alba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Alba

Chanainnsa gum biodh e deagh choltas air an m ri teachd na-h Alba an diugh leis an naidheachd gur e rud cudromach airson an eaconomaidh a tha Gidhlig.

Gaelic boost for Scotland's TV industry - BBC News

why did you write your post in your new learned language of gaelic when the article and video are in english?

Comment

Carson a tha seo gad bhodrachadh? tha mi nam bheachd gu bheil e nas fhreagaraiche airson an cuspair Gidhlig mu dheireadh thall is chan fhaic mi adhbhar idir nach sgrobhainn e ma thogras mi an ite ann an cnain an fheadhainn a tha gan ceannsachadh.
      Last edited by smaoin; 22nd June 2015, 20:51.

Comment

Does anybody else on the forum speak Gaelic??

Comment

i speak a wee bit though i have said previously that this is an english speaking forum so only english should be used.

there are loads of gaelic speaking forums out there for him to practice on but he wont look so cool in amongst the other gaelic speakers when they rip his grammar apart

Comment

A shame to see ad hominum knee jerk attacks to something alien and Scottish because it isnt in English but another Scottish language. How sad.

Comment

well having been born and bred in scotland gaelic isnt alien to me at all.

though it is pointless using it on an english speaking forum.

youve learned a new language...big deal...are you now demanding everyone else in the forum learns it to understand your posts?

Comment

Its clearly a problem for you and relevant to a discussion on Gaelic in a forum about Scotland and its languages.

Comment

BBC Beurla... cuin a bhios programman Gaidhlig a tighinn?

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
                  "In this country I dont think it is enough realizedI myself had no idea of it until a few years agothat Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

Tha mi a'dol leat nach eil seo iomlan ach tha mi cinnteach gu bheil dil aca gum bi barrachd luchd-labhart ann airson ag obair anns an synchronisation neo dubbing agus bidh e comasach filmichean anns a'Gidhlig a`sealltainn trice an ite sgudal anns a Bheurla leitheid mar a tha ann an drsda mar a thuirt tu. ach tha prgraman eile ann leithid mar Machair agus Eorpa,far a bheil cil ach Gidhlig ann, agus ma thogras tu ruidegin gun subtitlechean fhaicinn, thoir sil air an naidheachd air sgths nach channainsa gu bheil e anns a Bheurla neo le subtilechean air a son.

Comment

The channel needs to get more employees who speak Gaelic to work on dubbing and they can do what they do in Germany and synchronize or dub films and science fictions shows. It seems to me that ist back to front to see the lack of speakers as a reason to criticize a minority language broadcaster which is designed to help maintain a language that has been deliberately undermined because we all know how music and cinema has helped promote English. Its one of the keys to promoting Gaelic being studied as a means to getting a career on tv by school leavers and increasing its use.

Comment

Experts call for BBC Alba subtitles in Gaelic - The Scotsman

Tha a' mhorchuid anns a' Bheurla co-dhiu.
                        The majority of it is in English anyway.

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
                        "In this country I dont think it is enough realizedI myself had no idea of it until a few years agothat Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

Uill s'e catch 22 a tha ann nach eil iad comasach an diugh agus ma tha sin mar a tha e, cha chan mi guth eile ach nach eil iongatas orm air sgths gur e laethean trtha a tha annta is nach biodh sin adhbhar airson a`chnan a`bhrosnachadh le sianail far nach bi iad comasach fhathast a' mhrchuid bhuaithe ach anns a Bheurla a'sealtainn? Tha mi a' ciallachdh gu bheil mi a'smaoineachadh gur e digh fheumail air a shn a tha an t-sianal is gur e tailm a tha ann airson an dil gum bi barrachd luchd-labhart ionadail is niseanta ann airson ag obair anns a'Ghidhlig sna ginealaich a tighinn anns an m ri teachd ged gur e process slaodach gun teagamh a tha seo. Channainsa gum biodh barrachd luchd-labhart comasaich airson ag obair anns an synchronisation le filmichean bhon Hollywood mar eseimpleir, anns a'Bheurla ma chitheas iad gum bi cothroman pearsanta aca nam biodh iadsan ga ionnsachadh an ite cuspairean eile aig an oilthigh is sin na tachairt anns a Ghearmailt le filmichean na Hollywood an diugh far a bhi torr jobs ri fhaighinn air sgths gu bheil synchronisation an fhreagairt airson an diofar eader na chnan aig na luchd-labhairt dthchail is na filmichean air an telebhisean .

Comment

I'm not surprised if that is the case and see that as a reason to encourage an industry that will attract new speakers. Dubbing of films would be an excellent way of having more Gaelic programming and this is the norm in Germany and jobs with Gaelic would encourage career choices of students in what they study at university (and keep them in the country paying taxes).

Comment

I agree with the subtitles being in Gaelic, as long as it was optional. I found this very helpful with French tv in the past as you could read a more standard version of what people were saying and it gave your brain time to adjust to the sound of the language. They could start with the news and Id also like to see subtitles in Gaelic or dubbing into Gaelic, as they used to do on Eorpa, when people were speaking English.

Comment

Working...
                              X