needed a short Gaelic passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed a short Gaelic passage

im looking for something a oneliner or maybe two words for "blessed"or "blessed be".I know this may sound silly but I'm getting a Celtic Cross tattoo an i would really like to have a meaningful word put on beside the cross.any help would be so nice.Thanks.

Originally posted by miserysmother
    im looking for something a oneliner or maybe two words for "blessed"or "blessed be".I know this may sound silly but I'm getting a Celtic Cross tattoo an i would really like to have a meaningful word put on beside the cross.any help would be so nice.Thanks.
    Tell you what, you provide the English first then we might be able to provide the Gaelic!

"Blessed" is "Beannaichte" I think.

Comment

Thank you soo much!
      just wondering what *Carpe Diem* means,any clue?I saw a lady with it tattooed on her arm,i didnt get the chance to ask what it ment.

Comment

"Carpe diem" is Latin and means "Sieze the day", i.e. strike while the iron is hot, don't miss out on opportunities, sort of thing.

Comment

thanks Celyn.

Comment

how about the word *love*in gaelic.
            im sure i could prob. find it somewhere on here if i went looking,just thought i would ask!sorry if im being a pain in the butt

Comment

gaol or graidh... you can use both.
              'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

Working...
              X