Translation into Gaelic needed? Try this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eiric
    Yes, of course towards learners, but there are always, once in a while people with no real interest in the language that ask for translations and they are driving people like me, Mise and other crazy, since they often also have forgotten the important 'word' "Thank you"
    Mise's politeness and amiability are famed across the world of Gaidhlig learners...

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
    "In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish_Republican

Mise's politeness and amiability are famed across the world of Gaidhlig learners...
      For once I'm totally agreeing with you, as I like and admire the lady in question a lot though I've not figured all of your intentions yet, as, alas, without the body language hard to judge.
      'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

Have I missed something here? Who are Mise?

Comment

Who IS Mise... Mise is the emphatic form of mi = I. She is a native speaker, a teacher, and holds doctor's degree, and one of the pillars of Gaidhlig.
          'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleana
            one of the pillars of Gaidhlig.
            Indeed, she is well loved and respected across the Gaidhlig world. And very willing to do translations, for those who ask politely.

"In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

does this mean I have to concur again?

Comment

Why did she take her picture off her profile?

Comment

Did she? I don't know but like Eiric said, she's not at SG anymore. I have the honour to chat with her occasionally, on IM, email, and in real.

Comment

so do I, SR, and as you may know she is at sabhal mor at the moment for a fortnight. In fact I' m gonna meet her on thursday .

Comment

Working...
                    X